DUMP TRAILER

/ DUMP TRAILER #11  
Mark,
<font color=blue>Ouch!!! Excellent smack-down! </font color=blue>

Sure wasn't intended to be/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif. More like a lame attempt at humor.
Thanks for the compliment/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Al

/ DUMP TRAILER #12  
Al - You should've known you can't joke with me - I have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever. At least, I think that's what my wife means when she says I have an "overdeveloped" sense of humor. Maybe glennmac could verify that - he's the vocabulary expert. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ DUMP TRAILER #13  
Al, thanks for linking up that prior thread. That evaluation of the Countryside utility wagon is disappointing for sure. When a product doesn't meet expectations and/or parts fail there certainly not much good one can say.

Some additional TBN searching also turns up this more positive review on the dual axle trailer that Countryside also advertises in this Agro Trend Dump Wagon at . $2195 cdn dollars, and the other is also out of CN with some US distributors.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ammachinery.com/english/total-t.htm>www.ammachinery.com. Haven't got a price. Both look good. Especially the Agro.
The AM 460 is a bit wider than I want.

DFB

/ DUMP TRAILER #14  
Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/rema.html>this link</A> - same company that made my blower.

/ DUMP TRAILER #15  
I have a Pronovost P-507 10/4E 3 way dump trailer. This is a highway rated trailer that I do use in the woods behind my tractor quite often, but I have to be careful because of the limited clearance. I've hauled many loads of gravel and sand loaded right up to the top of the side boards, and it dumps them with ease. All of the Pronovost products are really rugged and will stand up to lots of use and abuse. I should say that I am not affiliated with them, I'm just a very happy customer!

Corm

/ DUMP TRAILER #16  
I really like the idea of a dump trailer, but I have a question. If a guy is using one with his tractor, would a 4 wheeled trailer, more like a hay wagon, be better so it is free standing? This would allow you to use your tractor to load the wagon and not have to worry about a jack for the wagon tongue etc. I'm having trouble finding a 4 wheeled wagon with a dump feature in our area.

Kevin

/ DUMP TRAILER #17  
It is a great excuse to get a second tractor. I have that problem when we spread lime, the spreader is hooked to the TN and we usually use the Ford 4500 to load it which is a load of fun since that tractor doesn't have power steering. Our other tractors are too small to pull the spreader so I am looking at getting one more in the 60 hp range for pulling duty.

/ DUMP TRAILER #18  
<font color=blue>It is a great excuse to get a second tractor</font color=blue>

.....ummm.....pretty sure that option is out of the question!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Kevin

/ DUMP TRAILER #19  
<font color=blue>It is a great excuse to get a second tractor</font color=blue>

I'm imagining the frigid stare I would get if I mentioned that idea /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. Probably solve our global warming problem.

/ DUMP TRAILER #20  
I brought up that suggestion after it was mentioned yesterday.

Started to snow right after that. 4 inches total accumulation. Must be just a coincidence right? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

DFB