Durable plastic sheeting sources?

jaotguy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ariens
4 x 8 sheets of Formica / counter top material ... using contact cement to stick it to plywood ....

fish tank material , plexi or lexan ..

corrugated fiberglass roofing ( the clear / green blue , orange stuff for awnings )

Djames55

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000BD Yanmar 1500
How about pond liner?

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
Look into dairy panels. They come in 4 X 8. Most farm stores have them.

rgr33

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 950. LS g3033. Kubota RTV 900. Exmark Lazer Z
I wonder if a commercial truck tarp would work. If you could find a used one, the cost would be resonable and it would last a long time, even in bad weather conditions.

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
If you want cheap and in rolls, why not green house plastic. Wouldnt hold up much against a shovel strike, but it can be bought in varying widths and lengths. Last a long time out n the sun. The regular rolled plastic wont last one season before the sun breaks it down and the wind blows it all over the place.

OP
B

brown40

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520
Thanks for all the ideas. I have some linoleum, leftover insulation and a heavy tarp I'll use for this fall. The best stuff I found were a HDPE and HMWPE roll product carried by Farm-tek that seemed like they'd be perfect. Shipping to Maine is quite a haul though, and this is a repurposing sort of project. Anyone know of a good source for those sorts of products that have retail outlets?

Mendonsy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500HST/LA302
Farm-Tek has some nice stuff but their prices tend to be a bit high. Once you decide what you want it may be a good idea to do some price shopping.