Dust control

/ Dust control #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I know there are probably a hundred threads on this topic, but this can be 101. ..Anyway..I have about 1000 feet of dusty nasty road. I also have a 12 volt sprayer .. I think 25/30 gallon capacity..had it for years but have never used it.. I'm thinking about putting it in the back of. The RTV and setting up a boom ..probably buying it from Tractor Supply .. and spraying used peanut oil .. as I have a free supply of 25/30 gallons a week. I'm wondering if it would need to be thinned so it won't clog the spray heads... I will most definitely strain it as it's put into the tank first.

/ Dust control #2  
I just wonder - will the peanut oil attract rodents or other unwanted animals.

/ Dust control
I just wonder - will the peanut oil attract rodents or other unwanted animals.

We already have virtually every critter in the world out here now... can't imagine any new species that we have not seen before

/ Dust control #4  
Ya - never thought of that. I could sure use something like that. The one muddy section on my mile long driveway turns from mud to dust. It's only about 80 feet, but Lordy - what a dust storm it creates.

I'll be following to see how it turns out.

/ Dust control #7  
I would do some research before using peanut oil; being a vegetable derived organic, it could cause some undesirable effects if bacteria, sunshine, etc. cause it to degrade. I found this:

Top Ten Dust Control Techniques List

/ Dust control
IMG_1774.PNG

Got the tank in and hooked up. Tested it with just water to make sure there were no leaks. Everything but the drain is good. I think I need to add some tape to the threads of the drain cap as it has a slow drip. Going to first use it with tenacity herbicide on my lawn to kill off the bent grass ...then onto the dust.

/ Dust control #9  
Good luck with the peanut oil.
In the old days used motor oil was commonly used for dust control.
actually any type of oil did a good job of that.
Also calcium chloride works good a bit corrosive to vehicles, it will pull the moisture right out of the air to keep it's self damp.

/ Dust control
Good luck with the peanut oil.
In the old days used motor oil was commonly used for dust control.
actually any type of oil did a good job of that.
Also calcium chloride works good a bit corrosive to vehicles, it will pull the moisture right out of the air to keep it's self damp.

I have a salt spreader that I use in the winter.. could probably get put it in the bed of the dump and drop a ton of salt on the road.