E-tiller

/ E-tiller #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
I know this is for mostly rear tine tillers, but= I blew the motor on my old Ariens front tine, had an old 1 1/2 hp electric motor that used to be on a homemade air compressor, decided to put the two together, just to see. The electric motor weighs about 75 lbs, a little heavy. used 2" tubing for a spacer to get the motor high enough and for the bolt holes. Used a 4" pully on the motor (what I had) Wired the motor to 110v, it could also run 220v, have a 100' #12 cord from a junked floor polisher, a lot of the small plant beds are close to an outlet. results-- this monster will dig. Does better than the 5 hp briggs that was there before. And the best thing, it is quiet. don't need ear plugs, can actually talk around it. Cranks without a pull, every time!! It is a little heavy, have to make it go forward. Using it with four sets of tines instead of the two pictured. Works good in small beds the BCS can't fit into.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    982.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    931.9 KB · Views: 119