E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15%

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #11  
I don't use ethanol gas no more than I have to, that's very very little.

I can't imagine what 15% will do to rubber gas lines.

I wish somebody would show ***** how this crap has killed small engines.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #12  
I don't use ethanol gas no more than I have to, that's very very little.

I can't imagine what 15% will do to rubber gas lines.

I wish somebody would show ***** how this crap has killed small engines.

It's all about business. China tariffed soy so that commodity price dropped so how to cancel that out. Get the price of corn to go up. Honestly I'm not all up in arms about it but they really need to offer the consumer options. Get rid of premium gasoline and just make it non-ethanol.

I usually don't run E85 but I did when I was in Iowa because it didn't get road taxed. It was over a dollar a gallon cheaper. This was over 10 years ago so I don't if that is still the case but the cheaper cost offset the reduced fuel economy.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #13  
Both of my motorcycles have unlimited mileage warranties until 2021. 1 tank of E15 or greater voids the warranty. Most off road (ATV's Utv's, boats, etc ...) are made to run on E10 or less. Bowing to the corn farmers will cost the rest of the country a lot.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #14  
Our free market system!! Pffft!!

The stories start out by saying ***** "is lifting a ban" on ethanol. "Yeah! Freedom! MAGA!", but when one reads farther it says "The law sets out how much corn-based ethanol and other renewable fuels refiners must blend into gasoline each year." Must blend?? What?

We live in a system that has the illusion of a free market.
..but like most of ag policies, this is nothing but a directive from Central Planning.
But unlike communism, our Central Planning transfers the risk of its policies to individual owners, determining who will be winners/losers.

:2cents:

I hope I haven't got too close to being political for this forum. This definitely isn't a left/right thing.

Can you point to a "source" for these stories, or is this your story.

Context would be much, appreciated. Thanks in advanced. :thumbsup:

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #15  
Ethanol free gas is what ALL of my small engines ever had in them, my local fuel supply buys it from Canada.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #16  
^^^^
I was wondering where they got it from. More and more independent stations are carrying no ethanol in their premium tanks. It used to be that we would have to go to an airport to buy it.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #17  
I buy it out of ONE particular pump from Bob's cash fuel, it says 91 octane as well, my sled, chainsaw, weed wacker love it, I also run it in my lawn tractor and generator.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #18  
Both of my motorcycles have unlimited mileage warranties until 2021. 1 tank of E15 or greater voids the warranty. Most off road (ATV's Utv's, boats, etc ...) are made to run on E10 or less. Bowing to the corn farmers will cost the rest of the country a lot.

For many non-E85 cars/trucks, fuel pump wear also scales up with E%..... the reasons for this scam are well-stated already.

Price out a fuel pump Re/Re your car or truck lately ?

^ one more reason that propane or nat-gas looks better all the time.....

Rgds, D.

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #19  
Best list I have found for non-ethanol gas is at pure-gas.org

/ E10 Ethanol fuel discussion/ limit will soon go up to 15% #20  
Using food for automobile fuel is just plain stupid. Been saying this since they started using corn to make the ethanol.

Luckily WAWA has several locations around me and they all have none ethanol fuel.

Have not bought garbage fuel in years. Plus I have no issues with my generator, ATV, chainsaw, or lawnmower.
And my vehicles get the mileage they are sopossed to.