Edge Tamer

/ Edge Tamer #1  

Cycledude

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
I ordered 3 four inch Edge Tamers on 11/28/2021 and received them 40 days later on 1/6/2022 , I knew when I placed the order it was going to take quite a while to get them so that was acceptable.
I received an email explaining they would be shipping a new improved version That are cast of stronger and longer wearing material with no welding .
So today I mounted them to my bucket for the very first time and used them to plow some snow, wow they worked great, even better than expected ! I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend them !!! They are VERY easy to mount or remove, just one simple bolt on each Edge Tamer, just tighten the bolt to the recommended 30 ft pounds and your done !

You recently placed an order for 4" Edge Tamers with us and have been patiently waiting for them, while we have been impatiently working to get them to you.

We have some important information to share. Earlier this year, we made a decision to offer a new version of the Edge Tamers, which we consider superior to the ones we create now. Currently, the Edge Tamers are made from cold-rolled mild steel that is cut, formed and welded. While we have always been happy with the result (and so have our customers), we believe we could improve even further. We are now beginning to make the 4" Edge Tamers via casting. A cast part is made all in one, consistent piece. It is made from the same alloy that is used for parts in mining and industrial applications, such as bucket teeth, tow hooks, truck hitches, suspension parts, snowplow shoes, and other applications where strength and wear-resistance are highly valued. As a more precise piece, it will work even better with our accessories, such as the Edge Extenders. Put simply, this is a superior product in every dimension, and we intend to offer it in the future at the same price to our customers as our traditional Edge Tamers.

We have been working on the process of creating these parts for some time, and even though supply issues have affected both this and our traditional manufacturing channels, we finally have our first batch of the cast Edge Tamers available. Our intent is to fulfill your order with the brand new cast line of 4" Edge Tamers. We hope this will be OK with you; if you have any concerns, such as maybe matching your parts to a previous purchased set, please let us know. We plan on shipping your order later this week.

In the future, we will be transitioning our other Edge Tamer products to cast as well (the 3" being next), while still offering the "legacy" version of formed parts, and will make a formal announcement in early January. But given our backorder and desire to get parts in your hands as soon as we are able, we created this unique opportunity.

I know that this is a lot to digest, please let me know if you have any questions. Please find attached two images of our traditional Edge Tamer and a new casted Edge Tamer, to get a feel for how they will look. They are dimensionally equivalent, just stronger and even more durable.

Last edited:
   / Edge Tamer #2  
I picked up a couple of the older welded four inch edge tamers in 2020. I thought that was a great product and saw no room for improvement. Now they're improved. Good deal!! I'd definitely do it again. Great product!!

/ Edge Tamer #5  
I have blacktop that scars up easily so I went with the Snow Edge by Ratchet Rake LLC.

Attachments

• Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 198
   / Edge Tamer #6  
I ordered 3 four inch Edge Tamers on 11/28/2021 and received them 40 days later on 1/6/2022 , I knew when I placed the order it was going to take quite a while to get them so that was acceptable.
I received an email explaining they would be shipping a new improved version That are cast of stronger and longer wearing material with no welding .
So today I mounted them to my bucket for the very first time and used them to plow some snow, wow they worked great, even better than expected ! I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend them !!! They are VERY easy to mount or remove, just one simple bolt on each Edge Tamer, just tighten the bolt to the recommended 30 ft pounds and your done !
you have a pic of the new one?

/ Edge Tamer
This picture shows both the old welded style and the new cast model Edge Tamer. The only thing missing in the picture is the bolt with the 3/4” head that screws into the hole you see to hold them in place, it’s supposed to be tightened to 30 foot pounds, one of the best features is the Edge Tamers are incredibly easy to mount or remove, takes about two minutes ! There is also a very nice video on the Edge Tamer website demonstrating how they work. I would say the quality is excellent with either type but the new style is supposed to last much longer, I really can’t imagine myself ever wearing out either type of Edge Tamer. Apparently the picture shows two different sizes of Edge Tamers 3 inch and 4 inch, the ones I bought are 4 inch.
1641735196740.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Edge Tamer #8  
Odd that they haven't updated their website showing the new cast version. I have a set of the old style that I really like, mostly for non snow duties like mulch and dirt work.
I briefly used the snow edge on my previous tractor, and it was great for snow work. I ended up with a ssqa blade with a uhmw polyethylene edge.
Anyway, the company under discussion makes high quality products!

/ Edge Tamer #9  
This picture shows both the old welded style and the new cast model Edge Tamer. The only thing missing in the picture is the bolt with the 3/4” head that screws into the hole you see, it’s supposed to be tightened to 30 foot pounds, one of the best features is the Edge Tamers are incredibly easy to mount or remove, takes about two minutes ! There is also a very nice video on the Edge Tamer website demonstrating how they work. I would say the quality is excellent with either type but the new style is supposed to last much longer, I really can’t imagine myself ever wearing out either type of Edge Tamer.
View attachment 728507
thanks, yea I have the old style, pretty sure i gave you a coupon code. that said I don't see mine wearing out in my life time, used mine yesterday as well

/ Edge Tamer
thanks, yea I have the old style, pretty sure i gave you a coupon code. that said I don't see mine wearing out in my life time, used mine yesterday as well
Yes thanks for the coupon code !