Edge Tamer

/ Edge Tamer #21  
Interesting. I had to laugh. Shows Orange. Looks good. Change color to green and the same product goes from $69 to $89. About a 25% increase. Green paint really does cost more for the same product. I am surprised. Just think of what it would cost if they stamped Deere on it.
Quite a bit... they'd have to pay licensing fees. I'll sell you a Magic Marker for a lot less and you can write it on there yourself. ;) It might not look the same but...

/ Edge Tamer #22  
Are the new cast edge tamers cast iron or cast steel? Any other info on the cast ones?

/ Edge Tamer
Are the new cast edge tamers cast iron or cast steel? Any other info on the cast ones?
Other than the information from the email copy and pasted in the very first post I’m really not sure but Edge Tamers will supposedly be updating their website any day and will hopefully clarify that information a little. The new version is supposedly cast from the same material as heavy duty mining equipment teeth so they are much stronger and wear much slower.

/ Edge Tamer #24  
I have had my Edge Tamers since I got my tractor. That was 6 years ago. Tractor has 750 hours on it. I RARELY take them off. We are constantly dealing with the horse manure pile and of course this time of year moving snow. As far as wear all I can see is the red paint on the bottom has worn off. I do not expect to replace them in my life time.

I also got the edge extenders. For me the are marginally usefull. I use them maybe once or twice a year. In the spring we are going to build a couple new pastures for the horses. The edge extenders will get a work out moving all the T-Posts around to where they need to go, and the wood posts for the gates/corners.

/ Edge Tamer #25  
I have both the Edge Tamers and Extenders, great products.

Edge tamers have gotten a good workout this winter thus far. Second winter using them. Haven't destroyed our gravel driveway and parking lot, which is really why I bought them

Similar to TheMan, I use the Edge extenders sporadically, usually moving longer pieces of lumber that would be too big for the UTV/trailer, and when we clear brush, they are great for getting a big full load in the bucket.

Recommend both!

/ Edge Tamer #26  
because everyone likes photos, a few piles pushed up around our paddocks

IMG_5223.jpg

/ Edge Tamer #27  
Sometimes I forget that the edge tamers are on.

Then I roll the bucket down and wonder why things are not going as expected ;-)

/ Edge Tamer #29  
You know... in all my search for better skid shoes for my blower to keep it from digging into my stone driveway and lawn I never thought about the possibility of using edge tamers. I'm gonna have to see if this is a possibility on my blower... maybe when it warms up. 0F out there today, it'll be 50 on thursday.

/ Edge Tamer #30  
I ordered 3 four inch Edge Tamers on 11/28/2021 and received them 40 days later on 1/6/2022 , I knew when I placed the order it was going to take quite a while to get them so that was acceptable.
I received an email explaining they would be shipping a new improved version That are cast of stronger and longer wearing material with no welding .
So today I mounted them to my bucket for the very first time and used them to plow some snow, wow they worked great, even better than expected ! I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend them !!! They are VERY easy to mount or remove, just one simple bolt on each Edge Tamer, just tighten the bolt to the recommended 30 ft pounds and your done !
Are you plowing on gravel roads or asphalt/concrete?