Ehydro issue

/ Ehydro issue #1  

Lt340

Tractor
2006 JD 4320
My JD 4320 is having an issue with the ehydro. I was bush hogging this week and the tractor did great. When I was done and turned off the PTO and started to load the tractor on the trailer it wouldn't pull up on my ramps. I had to throttle wide open and it barely pulled up on the trailer. When I got home I unloaded the tractor and drained the hydraulic fluid so I could check the screen in the sump. The screen was clean. The fluid and filter was changed about 6 months ago but I went ahead and changed the filter again. After I got the fluid back in and new filter I cranked the tractor and got all the air out. The hydrostatic transmission didn't work at all. No forward or reverse. I checked all electrical connections. Those were good. After about an hour I cranked the tractor again and everything worked fine. I figured it was a fluke until I bush hogged again yesterday. Same issue. The tractor did fine while I was bush hogging but once I turned off the PTO the tractor didn't have any power to pull up on the trailer. Also when I throttled down to turn off the PTO the tach on the tractor stuck at 1100 rpms. Got the tractor loaded and home. I left the tractor loaded until last night. When I cranked it to unload it everything was working fine. I'm stumped? Anyone know what's going on?

/ Ehydro issue #2  
No clue but following to see what issue is

/ Ehydro issue #3  
lt340
Welcome to TBN
Hope someone will have a good clue for you. Sounds like you are zeroing in on the conditions that cause the problem.
Let us know if you nail it down, or pass on continued clues of what is happening.

/ Ehydro issue #4  
I'd lean toward electrical. Can you tell if the engine loads down at all when it won't move and you're pushing the pedal all the way down?

I'd try easy stuff first like check/re-mate any connectors down low associated with the hydro...maybe got a stick jammed in the wiring while brush hogging.

Is your PTO engagement a manual lever or an electric switch?

/ Ehydro issue
The pto is electric pull switch. There is nothing jammed up underneath. All the connections of the wiring to the pedals are connected and good. Once the tractor sets for a while it's all good. I'm thinking either electrical or a fluid transfer from the PTO valve.

/ Ehydro issue #6  
Load match switch turned off? I don't use mine often but if I forget to turn it off the tractor is very sluggish when I start it back up with the switch on.

/ Ehydro issue
The switch is on but the load match switch wouldn't cause this issue. It's like the hydrostatic transmission stops working completely. Works fine while mowing but as soon as you turn off the PTO there is absolutely no power to the pedals

/ Ehydro issue
Besides.... it does it no matter of load match is on our not...

/ Ehydro issue #10  
Does the tractor make the high whine sound like when you are in C range and it goes into relief when it won't go up the ramps?

It's interesting with your symptoms it's giving. Did you try going up the ramp with PTO engaged (With the shaft disconnected obviously) and did it make a difference. If it does then I would lean towards you have a weak relief valve in the hydraulic drive circuit. It's not as noticeable when cold because the fluid has more viscosity but when warm it is apparent. This is just a guess but when the PTO is engaged the fluid flow changes and the circuit is bypassed.

Might be time to invest in a tech manual. These relief valves are kind of pricey and there are multiple ones so it would be worth the investment.