Electric conversion of a Kubota B26 / Similar

/ Electric conversion of a Kubota B26 / Similar #81  
I'd be concerned about charging multiple cheap Li-ion batteries in a confined space at the same time.
Tesla does this, but they very closely monitor temperature and charge issues... and they still catch fire, and nobody can put the fire out until it's done.

Personally, I wouldn't use these basic cheap batteries; I realize you already have them, but I honestly don't think it's safe to gang them up.
If you can get LiFePO4 batteries it would be an interesting and safer project (Li-ion batteries have their own oxidizer, while LiFePO4 rely on environmental (air) oxygen to burn and so you can actually smother a LiFePO4 fire).

/ Electric conversion of a Kubota B26 / Similar #82  
An electric forklift was definitely on consideration list already for harvesting parts... a good sized the motor controller, motor and electric hydraulic pump.
I think I am gonna pass on the Kubota HST tho and wait for a more suitable non-HST machine.
I will update the thread as and when I make progress. Thanks for the input everyone.

If anyone else takes on an electric conversion also, please continue the thread!
have you checked this guys 9n out

/ Electric conversion of a Kubota B26 / Similar
I'd be concerned about charging multiple cheap Li-ion batteries in a confined space at the same time.
Tesla does this, but they very closely monitor temperature and charge issues... and they still catch fire, and nobody can put the fire out until it's done.

Personally, I wouldn't use these basic cheap batteries; I realize you already have them, but I honestly don't think it's safe to gang them up.
If you can get LiFePO4 batteries it would be an interesting and safer project (Li-ion batteries have their own oxidizer, while LiFePO4 rely on environmental (air) oxygen to burn and so you can actually smother a LiFePO4 fire).
They are not cheap chinese sht.. I have disassembled them and they are very good quality Japanese cells that sell for 4 to 6 bucks each when new. They also have a good quality BMS built in and each unit is sealed and waterproofed.

/ Electric conversion of a Kubota B26 / Similar
Lol.. just found this! I was looking at using a Nissan Leaf motor at about half voltage, and then this guy just started this project