Electric Vehicles Jr...

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I was kind of disappointed myself. While I'm an obvious critic, it was very educational even if I didn't agree with everything which was said.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #3  
Not sure if EVs will ever catch on and become mainstream even with all the government mandates. Not feasible where I live as there are no charging stations anywhere and no short commutes. Any charging stations built would soon be vandalized or stolen.

Sad, because I'd really like to tryout an EV.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #4  
I was kind of disappointed myself. While I'm an obvious critic, it was very educational even if I didn't agree with everything which was said.
It's still here, just locked. I'm not a fanboy of them either, and many of the claims/predictions were so pie in the sky as to be laughable, but there was some interesting info there.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #5  
We rented a Polestar 2 from MCO ( Orlando) and had qui a problem doing a charge. We drove to Lakeland, 60 miles and it took 22% of the battery. I then spent 12+ hours at a ChargePoint station in Lakeland to gain 52% battery capacity. The charge rate and availability of charge stations is not ready for production.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #6  
That is a fact.

While we still have the Leaf that gets charged at home we added the 2023 Tesla Model Y for local and cross country driving because of Superchargers. In the USA most other EV makers are moving to the Tesla charging port standard so they can also use the Supercharger network.

Other than the charging headache did you find the Polestar an okay car?

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #7  
The ride good, good pickup and nicely appointed. If charging would have not been such a problem we would call it a win. The additional charges incurred for fuel that were not delivered with horrible wait times made it a bitter experience.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #8  
EV have their place. I probably could have gotten everything I needed taken care of with an EV, including hauling hay, but there was still about 10% of the driving would have been inconvenient at best. It doesn't make sense to me to have a second vehicle for 10% of the driving and having two vehicles for one job would an environmental step backwards. Where I live now, an EV would do about 75% of everything. Nearest charging stations are 30 miles away north or south. East and west, it's more like 60 miles, and just about all of them are level 2 chargers.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #9  
I have been reading about the huge losses Ford is taking on the Lightening. I have not seen a coherent plan for battery recycling and where is the electricity going to be generated? Big problems that do not have a good solution. Fuel cell is interesting but the production of it needs improvement. Yes given a bad crash you could have the explosion to end everyone. I still like the Fuel-cell, it really appeals to me. Water out the tailpipe is a great thing.That to needs fuel stations so we will see how that goes.

/ Electric Vehicles Jr... #10  
EV have their place. I probably could have gotten everything I needed taken care of with an EV, including hauling hay,
How many bales at a time? What size bales?