Electrical cord storage

/ Electrical cord storage #11  
I was showed that a long time ago and it just didn't catch on with me but you can just pull out what you need and then put it all back. Now that I'm older and my arms are not as strong as they once was I may have to revisit that on some of my longer cords.

/ Electrical cord storage #12  
I wrap mine up on spools. They have a handle on the ID and a knob on the OD of the spool. I have a 50' 10ga and 100' 14ga I keep on spools. The 25 footers are short enough to hand wrap in a coil if you leave a free end. Saves time and work.

/ Electrical cord storage #13  
Awesome!! By learning this I can keep my stealing Neighbor ( which is my Brother) from using my cords and never returning them . It will confuse the Hell out him . I can’t wait to try it !!!!!!

/ Electrical cord storage #14  
Yea, you just pull one end. It just has to be the correct end.

/ Electrical cord storage #15  
Over the years I have seen people Use that technique with cords and even showed me. It just never seemed to fit me. I guess I am more this kind of guy:

/ Electrical cord storage #16  
To unwind we just dropped the starting loop over the ball hitch on the truck and walked out with the live ends. Worked good when we had several 100 ft cords and hoses tossed into the back of a pickup along with many other tools. Not needed around the house.

/ Electrical cord storage #17  
It is just a series of loops...much like grain and seed bags are done, where pulling the right string makes it unthread almost like a zipper.

It's ideal for longer cords and ropes.

Done properly, you can just keep pulling the end of the cord and the entire length will unwind without tangles.

Very easy once you see it done.
I saw an article online recently about storing extension cords, and something similar to that was mentioned. Looked like more trouble than it was worth, I just stick to the coil-on-my-elbow method and store 'em in a milk crate. Only rarely do I have one tangle when uncoiling it.

/ Electrical cord storage #18  
Over the years I have seen people Use that technique with cords and even showed me. It just never seemed to fit me. I guess I am more this kind of guy:

I acquired and continue to use a couple of these many years ago…. But they weren’t $14+ (or the inflation equivalent). For that kind of today’s cost… I’d learn, practice and use the Daisy chain. Just the “frugal guy” in me posting. But with being retired and with battery-powered everything, I hardly use use extension cords.

Sorry for the side track!

/ Electrical cord storage
I acquired and continue to use a couple of these many years ago…. But they weren’t $14+ (or the inflation equivalent). For that kind of today’s cost… I’d learn, practice and use the Daisy chain. Just the “frugal guy” in me posting. But with being retired and with battery-powered everything, I hardly use use extension cords.

Sorry for the side track!
Not a side track at all.

One trait my FIL shared with my own father is they were both very frugal and if they didn't need it, they didn't buy it.

Like one poster here, I do use the plastic milk cartons for storage though.

/ Electrical cord storage #20  
Your FIL must have been someone that was careful in his work judging by his organization of his tools. That's a family picture to keep because it tells us something useful about how he lived.