Electronic logs

/ Electronic logs #11  
Several years ago the engineers on a train stopped in the middle of a nearby town, said their hours were up, they were waiting for replacements. I think the real story was the union had a dispute with the railroad. The tracks run through the middle of town and this happened when kids were on the way to school. So kids are crawling under the train to get to school, not exactly safe. The police got involved to make sure kids didn't get run over. They wrote the train a ticket. I don't know if they ever paid it or not.

/ Electronic logs #12  
Several years ago the engineers on a train stopped in the middle of a nearby town, said their hours were up, they were waiting for replacements. I think the real story was the union had a dispute with the railroad. The tracks run through the middle of town and this happened when kids were on the way to school. So kids are crawling under the train to get to school, not exactly safe. The police got involved to make sure kids didn't get run over. They wrote the train a ticket. I don't know if they ever paid it or not.
Trains are federal so can't write them a ticket. They probably can arrest them and take them to booking and just let them go just to be an *** like the engineers.

/ Electronic logs
Our county tried to do something about crossings being tied up. A waste of time its federal and the state or locals have no jurisdiction. Dad was a conductor for Southern RW until retirement and I remember him talking about doggin, what they called out of hours, all the time but they would pull clear of crossings. They would split the train to clear a crossing ifn they had a hotbox or other problem.