engine black heater?

/ engine black heater? #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
I purchased an engine block heater for my JD 3520 and cannot get the threaded plug out of the engine block. Any suggestions?

/ engine black heater? #2  
I have a Yamaha 4-Wheeler and the rear-end has a hex head bolt you must remove to check the fluid level. Recommendation in the manual is a light tap with a hammer to the head of the bolt. Remember, light tap!

If you can do it while attempting to turn the threaded bolt, a light tap may be all it takes.

Good luck!

/ engine black heater? #3  
dirtworksequip said:
I purchased an engine block heater for my JD 3520 and cannot get the threaded plug out of the engine block. Any suggestions?

A long cheater bar. This is what I needed to do the same to my 4210. A little :cus: helped too.

/ engine black heater?
I called the Deere dealer today to see if they had experienced similar problems and they responded that they order them in with block heaters. No help there. I used a six foot cheater pipe on a breaker bar and nothing moved. I backed off on it because the bar was bending.I guess I'll try an impact next.