Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand?

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #21  
I run T5 15w-40 in almost everything - my Kubota X1140, my Cummins and my Jeep with the straight 6. The wife's car gets T6 5w-40, but that's because I doubt her little starter could handle the thicker oil. I got tired of having a lot of different oils for each different engine type, gas, diesel, ATV and just used them all up and run Rotella in everything.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #22  
I use T6 15W-40 in my tractors.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #23  
Anyone using CK-4 instead of CJ-4. Manual says CJ-4, but all that I read says CK-4 is better.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #24  
Anyone using CK-4 instead of CJ-4. Manual says CJ-4, but all that I read says CK-4 is better.
‘K’ is the next higher rating. As the alphabet letters goes up, so does the newest rating. Im led to believe they are backward compatible for the most part. There may some very early ratings that are not. Also from what Ive read is the ratings keep changing to keep up with emmissions standards and DPF requirements for additives rather than performance of the oil in the engine… in a nutshell!!!! But I could be wrong, this is the internet!

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #25  

Takes you to the Shell selector. Type in what you want fluids for, and it tells you which Shell product is recommended and how much you need

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #26  
The new "C" oils are backwards compatible. The Kubota owners manuals are outdated. CH/CK/CJ are all safe to use.
Only one you can't use is the new FA oils.

I've run nothing but Rotella T6 0W40 and 5W40 in EVERYTHING I own. And when I still had my dump and highway trucks used to get regular oil sampling from Caterpillar's SOS program. It's good oil.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #27  
‘K’ is the next higher rating. As the alphabet letters goes up, so does the newest rating. Im led to believe they are backward compatible for the most part. There may some very early ratings that are not. Also from what Ive read is the ratings keep changing to keep up with emmissions standards and DPF requirements for additives rather than performance of the oil in the engine… in a nutshell!!!! But I could be wrong, this is the internet!
I think you are right. It seems that many now include both ratings. Looks like a step up. I think I saw a T6 that had both ratings now. Thanks for checking. I will use T6 on the next oil change.

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #28  
T6 in every diesel from my 95 cummins, to my 04 TDI and 2010 kubota.
Make sure that T6 spec's to VW's oils spec for that engine (BEW?). VW's pump duse engines are really particular/sensitive about oil.

I run Motorcraft HD diesel oil in all my diesels: 1990's vintage through my 2016 Kioti. It's CJ-4 oil, which my newest diesel -Kioti- is OK with. I used to run nothing but T6 Rotella but when they went CK-4 and drastically reduced phosphorous* I decided to find something else, and the Motorcraft oil spec'd identical to the old T6 Rotella. It's on the more expensive side, but being able to [confidently] run it in everything, not have to stock different oils, helps offset that cost.

NOTE: here's a great site for evaluating oils/fluids (it's how I was able to pick out my replacement oil):
http://www.pqiamerica.org/

* What difference this makes I don't know, but since the reputation of the CJ-4 T6 was so great I didn't want to chance it. The CK-4 oils are for emissions (and, I would expect, less environmentally nasty).

Last edited:
   / Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #29  
Make sure that T6 spec's to VW's oils spec for that engine (BEW?). VW's pump duse engines are really particular/sensitive about oil.

I run Motorcraft HD diesel oil in all my diesels: 1990's vintage through my 2016 Kioti. It's CJ-4 oil, which my newest diesel -Kioti- is OK with. I used to run nothing but T6 Rotella but when they went CK-4 and drastically reduced phosphorous* I decided to find something else, and the Motorcraft oil spec'd identical to the old T6 Rotella. It's on the more expensive side, but being able to [confidently] run it in everything, not have to stock different oils, helps offset that cost.

NOTE: here's a great site for evaluating oils/fluids (it's how I was able to pick out my replacement oil):
http://www.pqiamerica.org/

* What difference this makes I don't know, but since the reputation of the CJ-4 T6 was so great I didn't want to chance it. The CK-4 oils are for emissions (and, I would expect, less environmentally nasty).
Thanks for that info DieselBound.
I too noticed the change in packaging and looked into the difference in the ‘new’ T6, (my TDI is deleted so no worry about the oil on emmissions stuff).
They also dropped a gasoline engine rating (API SN?) my memory is fuzzy about what it ‘was’ rated for but it’s not there anymore. But apparently the reason was their unwillingness to ‘pay’ for the paperwork to have it approved, as one additive is slightly over the EPA’s limit but it can be bought of course. I’m still running it in gas engines. But good to know about the Motocraft! That’s a great alternative to know about!

/ Engine Oil change away from KUbota brand? #30  
I'd use 0w30 M1 ESP same as what is in the 2025R.