Oil & Fuel engine oil

/ engine oil #12  
If I had temps that low in the winter I would change my 5w40 synthetic to 0w40 synthetic in the fall and swap it back in the spring. JMO..

I’d move somewhere else and keep using regular oil.

/ engine oil #14  
Rollie - I gotta ask. What in the world is soooo important that a person would go out into weather that is -30 to -60. I've only seen -60F once - I was a bit smashed - got on the plane(Anchorage to Seattle) and ended up in Fairbanks instead.

AT -30F - I better have a hot chocolate, liberally laced with JD & little marshmallows on top. AT -60F - - forget the mug, forget the hot chocolate - - I'm bundled in my easy chair hugging the bottle of JD.

I run 15W40 Rotella - year round. Coldest its ever been in the last 36+ years - -20F. I could just make out the outside thermometer thru the steam off my mug of hot chocolate.

/ engine oil #17  
In Wisconsin I ran Rotella T 15/40 all year. Tractor in an unheated pole shed but plugged in an hour before 30 deg Fahrenheit and colder and I could run it at any temperature I ran into.
-30 to -60 C is cold and I don't think I would want to go out because the hyd. would act up. IMO.

If 0w40 synthetic won't work I would stay in.