Equipment blooper thread

/ Equipment blooper thread #1  

Tor Arne

Gold Member
Tractor
Same Explorer 65, MF 135, MF 30, MF165, Volvo BM 55, Volvo BM 425, Volvo BM 2254, Terengmester skidder, Ford 3000, Fordson major, Derreng unknown model, IH B275, MAN 4R2, Gutbord sub compact.
We've all had some mishaps. Here is one I did a couple of days ago.:duh:
Let's see what the rest of you have managed to do?:D

11193251_957906264249219_7177516864892136560_n.jpg

/ Equipment blooper thread #2  
Ouch.

Glad I'm not gonna get the bill for that one!

/ Equipment blooper thread #3  
How was that possible?

Eddie

/ Equipment blooper thread #4  
No pictures on this, and not as bad as the excavator (how do you do that!); but last fall I finished brushhogging, parked the mower, unhooked the 3PTH, and drove off. What's that snap?? look back, see half PTO shaft still attached to tractor, other half still attached to mower. D@mn, I knew I forgot something! Luckily it had pulled apart right where it telescopes, so after a few anxious moments, I was able to just push it back together, and it works fine now. Won't do that again though.

/ Equipment blooper thread
Hose rupture valve that fu*ed up

/ Equipment blooper thread #6  
Other than little dumb mistakes that seem to happen daily...
The only damage I've done was on the first day working the tractor. We sawed an old fir stump into chunks to load on the burn pike. The first lift with a bucketful & you guessed it, lifted too high & BIG chunk came over the top of the bucket & crashed down on the hood. Classic newbie mistake!
There are a few non-standard parts on the hood latch & alignment pins now. And an almost invisible repair to the plastic grill. The hood (which is fibreglass) popped right back into shape, but I left the big paint chip as a reminder. I'll probably refinish the hood next winter, but for now, it's keeping me alert. (And humble).

/ Equipment blooper thread #8  
Clipped my temporary power meter base pole while bush hogging around the new homesite today. Shatter that 4x6 clean off at the ground. Oops!

/ Equipment blooper thread #9  
I had a shooting backstop made out of railroad ties I hit mowing, and knocked it over. I broke a power steering hose pushing a tree with the loader, and I broke the valve off the wood splitter carrying the splitter with the loader. The best part all three repairs cost less than $20.

/ Equipment blooper thread #10  
Care to elaborate on that one John ? I am guessing the wind blew the gate in behind you .