ERROR CODE 010H

/ ERROR CODE 010H #21  
I suppose odder things have happened. Glad it started up for you!

/ ERROR CODE 010H #22  
Ya know.. I was thinking it might something related to switch. Tractor has 83 hrs. From day one I thought the key switch on it was total junk. It is hard to turn. Does not smoothly go from accessories to pre - start, to start. One has to twist it hard to get it to move. It catches hard before going to the next position.

Anyone else have this experience on new Kioti tractor?

thanks for ya-all input

The CK4010HST ignition switch functioned pretty smoothly.
The NX45 not so much. I've sprayed silicon but it is very stiff at each position. I cringe thinking about a broken key some day.
So, watching this thread to see what the root cause happens to be.
Another minor item to mention when YLee goes in for the 400 hour check up.

/ ERROR CODE 010H #23  
The CK4010HST ignition switch functioned pretty smoothly.
The NX45 not so much. I've sprayed silicon but it is very stiff at each position. I cringe thinking about a broken key some day.
So, watching this thread to see what the root cause happens to be.
Another minor item to mention when YLee goes in for the 400 hour check up.

Hope this isn't common. My ignition switch turns easily in every position. Something else to look out for I suppose...

/ ERROR CODE 010H #24  
Hope this isn't common. My ignition switch turns easily in every position. Something else to look out for I suppose...

FWIW, my NX is five years old and the ignition switch has always turned smoothly. Same with my CK, although it's only a year old.

/ ERROR CODE 010H #25  
FWIW, my NX is five years old and the ignition switch has always turned smoothly. Same with my CK, although it's only a year old.

That is good to know.
I have a few minor issues with mine that will be mentioned to my dealer. This will now be on the list, thanks to your feedback.

/ ERROR CODE 010H #26  
I had this fault code this last weekend. I had to replace my battery. Once I had a new one in, it fired right up!

I tried starting it with jumper cables and then charged the battery overnight (Which said fully charged in the AM) and nothing.

/ ERROR CODE 010H #27  
I had this fault code this last weekend. I had to replace my battery. Once I had a new one in, it fired right up!

I tried starting it with jumper cables and then charged the battery overnight (Which said fully charged in the AM) and nothing.
When the battery in my 2014 NX4510 died 2 years ago I had no codes. It wasn't completely dead but was sure hard to start. One error code that always pops up when I have had issues is the water in the fuel filter code. 008 My Kioti dealer said that happens all the time. I have never had water in that filter. That in itself tells you a lot about the electronics in these tractors.

Last edited:
   / ERROR CODE 010H #28  

So let's discuss chargers at this point and battery testers. Newer chargers have a desulfate function. nice to do once a year. Let it cycle for 24hours. A high frequency signal passing through that breaks up the plate sulfation and helps restore chemistry. Then a slow charge until it's full.
I've had the same issue on my first Kioti CK4010HST. One the battery was pretty undersized. Went to NAPA and got one with more CCA.
On the NX I was blaming the battery.
Then serendipity.
The little safety switch for the brake pedals, that makes sure both pedals are locked. yeah that one, have to fiddle with the switch and listen for the relay click. Once the relay clicks it's a crank!
Oh, yeah and the ignition switch still sucks!
Really do love the tractor, spec for spec much better for me then the other orange. BUT, corporate customer care is well.....room for improvement, and leave it there.
Glad to hear all is well now with new battery.
OH snap forgot about battery tester, I'm old school.
Looking for the load bank resistor type.
Taking me a while to trust the new digital testers, but broke down and got one.
Time will tell if they pan out.
Have a good weekend...

/ ERROR CODE 010H #29  
So let's discuss chargers at this point and battery testers. Newer chargers have a desulfate function. nice to do once a year. Let it cycle for 24hours. A high frequency signal passing through that breaks up the plate sulfation and helps restore chemistry. Then a slow charge until it's full.
I've had the same issue on my first Kioti CK4010HST. One the battery was pretty undersized. Went to NAPA and got one with more CCA.
On the NX I was blaming the battery.
Then serendipity.
The little safety switch for the brake pedals, that makes sure both pedals are locked. yeah that one, have to fiddle with the switch and listen for the relay click. Once the relay clicks it's a crank!
Oh, yeah and the ignition switch still sucks!
Really do love the tractor, spec for spec much better for me then the other orange. BUT, corporate customer care is well.....room for improvement, and leave it there.
Glad to hear all is well now with new battery.
OH snap forgot about battery tester, I'm old school.
Looking for the load bank resistor type.
Taking me a while to trust the new digital testers, but broke down and got one.
Time will tell if they pan out.
Have a good weekend...
Try some graphite spray in your ignition. I use some in mine and it made it a lot easier to turn back and forth. I'm 69, use to be a mechanic and never owned a load tester in my life. A volt meter will show you if you have a bad battery after charging it up. Just connect it to the battery and hit the starter.if your volts go under 11 volts your battery has an issue. I have a charger that does 2amps, 10amps and a boost of 75amps.

/ ERROR CODE 010H #30  
Try some graphite spray in your ignition. I use some in mine and it made it a lot easier to turn back and forth. I'm 69, use to be a mechanic and never owned a load tester in my life. A volt meter will show you if you have a bad battery after charging it up. Just connect it to the battery and hit the starter.if your volts go under 11 volts your battery has an issue. I have a charger that does 2amps, 10amps and a boost of 75amps.
Thanks for the tip....!