Error codes hacked

/ Error codes hacked #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
Now that I've had my first problem that produce the check engine light and discovered that nobody has access to computer. I'm upset

I've always used my error codes to find and fix problems on my Ford's, how is that Kubota has kept it hidden?

Has anybody hacked a reader yet.

/ Error codes hacked #2  
Also in the Kioti tractor forums, we constantly discuss this issue about reading and lookup of the error codes. You can read the codes on some tractors, and on some you cannot. And whenever you do read them, you cannot do a lookup on meaning of the codes. Even purchasing the Kioti Service manual for your tractor provides no listing of codes. Worse yet, there is some evidence Kioti Corporate has voided warranty for the few tractor owners that were building an accurate code list. Apparently, only dealers and trained service staff are allowed and certified to work with Kioti codes.

I think Kubota may also have a similar policy.

/ Error codes hacked #4  
Thank you for putting up the names of tractor companies that have done this.

/ Error codes hacked #5  
Kioti diesel codes are proprietary. They can only be properly read by a Kioti dealer certified laptop. You can read the code with any OBD2 reader, but the cross reference to the specific meaning of the code is very unique to Kioti software. They don't follow normal diesel truck codes.

Read this thread on Kioti tractor OBD2 scanning issues and diesel tuning:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391748

I might add, the single most common reason for a CEL on a Kioti is a Tier4 emmission issue, probably related to a plugged DPF and possibly caused by an injector sending more fuel than it should, resulting in unburned fuel and an emmission problem.

Last edited:
   / Error codes hacked #6  
I'd like to get a couple Kioti ECUs and reverse engineer them. Just to see what the magic door opens. :D

I've been doing it on vehicle ECUs for quite some time now. I've even given a few manufacturers some tips.

/ Error codes hacked #7  
I would like to revive this old topic because I'm having issues with my own Kioti and have been really annoyed to discover that you can't read the codes like any on-road vehicle. Am I really stuck with my horrible local dealer?

A shameless plug for my own thread

/ Error codes hacked #8  
I would like to revive this old topic because I'm having issues with my own Kioti and have been really annoyed to discover that you can't read the codes like any on-road vehicle. Am I really stuck with my horrible local dealer?

A shameless plug for my own thread

It’s so disappointing when one refers to their local dealer in a negative manner but their profile does not include their location. Talking bad about a dealer by name is not allowed but sharing your localion is allowed.

/ Error codes hacked #9  
It’s so disappointing when one refers to their local dealer in a negative manner but their profile does not include their location. Talking bad about a dealer by name is not allowed but sharing your localion is allowed.
My location is listed. My local dealer was a pleasure to deal with, before a total staff changeover. Maybe things have changed in the last few years.