Essential Wrench Sizes

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
I just realized my Metric tool collection is very undersized. Is everything on these LS Tractors Metric? I am going to go buy some tools soon and would like all you LS Tractor Pro's to put together the essential wrench & socket sizes I need for basic service & bolt tightening. I have assorted wrenches up to 24mm & sockets up to 18mm. If someone could post a list it would be big help to me. Thanks for all the great info.
PS. 15 hours & counting!

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #2  
Good idea ... of course, these tractors are so reliable, you'll only need the tools necessary to keep your loader bolts tight and your filters/fluids changed.

;)

/ Essential Wrench Sizes
Good idea ... of course, these tractors are so reliable, you'll only need the tools necessary to keep your loader bolts tight and your filters/fluids changed.

;)

Yup, I just read the thread about loose loader bolts!!!

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #4  
Don't forget to pick up some metric pliers and hammers, too.

:)

Bruce

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #5  
What I have found in my shop that mostly all bolts are metric. The loader bolts you can get away with a 7/8. The only thing I have seen that is bigger than what you said you have is the drain plugs on the hyd sump (transmission) they are 27mm. What I like most about LS is most of the bolts on the tractors are 19mm, 16mm, 12mm, and 10mm. Also on the sub frame backhoe the bolts for is are 32mm. Plus a deep 32mm would make things easier if you have the backhoe attachment for checking the mounting bolts on the sub frame. The rest of the bolts on the tractor for the brackets on the sub frame are 19mm and 22mm. I hope this helped ya Underdog.

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #6  
For my old bush hog, I needed a 1 1/2" socket (37 mm). Think for this new bush hog I may have to get a bigger socket for the bolts holding its blades in place.

Get yourself a 5 or 6 ft piece of metal pipe that'll go over your big socket drive handle to torque bolts that need 450 ft-lb or thereabouts. A full push on a 5 ft handle till the nut won't tighten any more is probably close enough to 450 ft-lb. Works for me anyway.

Ralph

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #7  
A full push on a 5 ft handle till the nut won't tighten any more is probably close enough to 450 ft-lb. Works for me anyway.

450 ft-lbs= 2 Grunts.

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #8  
I just realized my Metric tool collection is very undersized...

Why I keep a metric adjustable wrench handy...!

...likewise with a set of metric vise-grips...!

/ Essential Wrench Sizes
What I have found in my shop that mostly all bolts are metric. The loader bolts you can get away with a 7/8. The only thing I have seen that is bigger than what you said you have is the drain plugs on the hyd sump (transmission) they are 27mm. What I like most about LS is most of the bolts on the tractors are 19mm, 16mm, 12mm, and 10mm. Also on the sub frame backhoe the bolts for is are 32mm. Plus a deep 32mm would make things easier if you have the backhoe attachment for checking the mounting bolts on the sub frame. The rest of the bolts on the tractor for the brackets on the sub frame are 19mm and 22mm. I hope this helped ya Underdog.
Thanks a bunch, now I'll do an inventory on my tool boxes and I'll know what I need to buy along with the Metric pliers, metric adjustable wrench, and metric hammers!! :laughing:

/ Essential Wrench Sizes #10  
I went to HF and they have the jumbo set but it was $50 so I checked at Home Depot and they had both the 27 and the 32mm wrenches individually for $8 and $12 respectively. I bought them so I hope that fills the need.