Ever get caught?

/ Ever get caught? #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Have you every play hooky from work and have your wife or girl friend catch you?
Sunday mother nature show her fury by washing out some of my ditches,so I decide to stay home and order 28 yards of hard pack and had it dump into pile.
Around noonish my girl friend show up to see if I was okay,but when see saw me on the tractor she just roll her eyes and smile also said, "boys will be boys" and I ran out of coffee in which she wanted for lunch....oh boy.
Looks like I owe her one. :eek:)
So how many of you ever play hooky from work to play only to get caught playing with your tractor? :eek:)

/ Ever get caught? #2  
All the time. I'm sure glad I have that High range on my tractor for quick get-aways!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Ever get caught? #3  
The Job:
Our house is about 4 years old with a lot of trees: apples and oaks. None of which had been cared for during the last twenty years. So, Mary and I figured to spruce up the place by adding woodchips around the house an all the trees.
Woodchips in my area sell for $1.5 per cubic foot. With more than 40 trees plus the garden areas this would get expensive fast.

Hooky(?):
One day I happend across a construction crew cutting trees in order to widen a road nearby. After talking with the guys in charge, I paid $100 to have a nearly full 50 foot long semi truck bring the woodchips to the house. He dropped them onto the driveway in a nice neat pile...10 feet wide, 4 feet high and about 60 feet long. Now Mary was REALLY surprised to see this huge truck backing into our driveway! I guess it had to be strange: I came running into the house hallerin' to dig up the hundred bucks, right as she's putting dinner on the table. As I remember it, all I said was get the money because we're gettin' a *load* of woodchips-a whole semi-truck load :)

It took Thursday and Friday, with Mary's help, to move that pile. I used our B2400 with FEL and a motorcycle trailer. Filling the trailer was easy, but I had to empty each load by hand. That part way tough!

When the phone gets fixed, I'll post a photo of Mary reducing the pile.