Everlast Powerarc 200ST

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
This welder is dual voltage 110/220. Does this mean it can be plugged into a regular 110 outlet? I have someone coming to set up 220 in about a week but am anxious to try it out and was wandering if I could just plug it into a regular 110 outlet.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #2  
This welder is dual voltage 110/220. Does this mean it can be plugged into a regular 110 outlet? I have someone coming to set up 220 in about a week but am anxious to try it out and was wandering if I could just plug it into a regular 110 outlet.
Yes, should come with a conversion plug like this...

41fjmryvFqL.jpg

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #3  
i tried ordering one off of amazon, shipping date kept getting pushed back. Then stated shipped with a tracking number but the number did not work, then got an email staying it still had not been shipped. I ordered it on April 19 and on June 1 they cancelled my order. I guess they have having issues getting that welder. Hope you have better luck than me on getting one.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #4  
You could give mark@everlast a pm for a quote. He is in the stickie at the top of the welding forum.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #5  
Most welders on a 120v 20amp breaker won’t weld very hot. To consistently avoid piping the breaker I’d say you can expect maybe 30-40% of max output.
IMO the 120v “feature” is gimmicky- it seems to cause more frustration to new welders than bail folks out. Plan to get a 240v plug or run a 10g cord with new ends off your dryer plug.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #6  
Most welders on a 120v 20amp breaker won’t weld very hot. To consistently avoid piping the breaker I’d say you can expect maybe 30-40% of max output.
IMO the 120v “feature” is gimmicky- it seems to cause more frustration to new welders than bail folks out. Plan to get a 240v plug or run a 10g cord with new ends off your dryer plug.

It is possible to buy a 120V 30amp breaker, perhaps that would work better.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #7  
There is a new 210ST on the way. Well actually there a few new model Powerarcs on the way. I could have gotten one for you, but with the low amount we have left visible on the inventory sheet, I imagine that we are now down to 0. Inventory update is running a little behind because we have moved to a larger facility and the updates got behind. I'm showing 6 left 3 days ago. Probably could have gotten a better price. Next model available should be the 210STi.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #8  
Any idea when the 210sti will be available?
Thanks

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #9  
It is possible to buy a 120V 30amp breaker, perhaps that would work better.

Yes that would help. But by code you would also need the correct sized wire too- I never seen a 120v circuit that was designed for 20a with oversized (10g copper) in it. That doesn’t mean folks haven’t done it- it’s just not code.
I did run a 30a 120v circuit for a 120v only welder. But if you are going through the trouble to add a circuit for a 120/240 welder I’d just add the 240.

/ Everlast Powerarc 200ST #10  
Yes that would help. But by code you would also need the correct sized wire too- I never seen a 120v circuit that was designed for 20a with oversized (10g copper) in it. That doesn稚 mean folks haven稚 done it- it痴 just not code.
I did run a 30a 120v circuit for a 120v only welder. But if you are going through the trouble to add a circuit for a 120/240 welder I壇 just add the 240.

Oversized wire is commonly used in commercial and industrial applications to limit voltage drop and to adjust for the effects of ambient temperature and the heating effects of conductor quantity in raceway and bundling in trays. In fact, ampacity adjustments and corresponding wire sizing due to these conditions are code requirements. The violation indicated would be the use of a 15 or 20amp 120v receptacle on a 30amp breaker. One would need to terminate the 30amp circuit in a properly rated receptacle and then fashion the appropriate adapter. By then, you've probably paid the cost of a 240v circuit.