Oil & Fuel Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #1  

DieselPower

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170
Looks like they plan on starting to sell small diesel powered pick up's and SUV's starting sometime in 2009 here in the US.

Global Vehicles USA - GV-USA

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #2  
I'd certainly take a look at it. Low to mid 30's mpg with a 6 speed auto, diesel engine and a 60,000 mile warrantee seems like worthwhlle characteristics in today's world.

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #3  
I would think these vehicles in diesel would be well received at this point in time.

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #4  
Sure - except they won't pass NY / CA or a bunch of other blue state emission regs...

Too bad too - they look cool...

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #5  
I would venture to guess that they would hit the U.S. market with higher quality than the Korean vehicles did about 10 years ago. Mahindra has a good and long track record on production of diesel and gas powered machines. I'd certainly take a look at one.

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #6  
fishpick said:
Sure - except they won't pass NY / CA or a bunch of other blue state emission regs...

Too bad too - they look cool...

Are you sure about that?

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #7  
Pretty dang sure... The new mid-duty diesel trucks are all "new" with the DPF's and other controls this year - and they are in a different class - because they are "bigger"...
If Mercedes can't build a clean enough diesel - even the BluTec won't cut it in NY/CA - then I doubt India can...
Then again - stranger things have happened - and it WOULD be cool if they could pull it off. I doubt it though - like, pig flying kind of doubt...

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #8  
fishpick said:
Pretty dang sure... The new mid-duty diesel trucks are all "new" with the DPF's and other controls this year - and they are in a different class - because they are "bigger"...
If Mercedes can't build a clean enough diesel - even the BluTec won't cut it in NY/CA - then I doubt India can...
Then again - stranger things have happened - and it WOULD be cool if they could pull it off. I doubt it though - like, pig flying kind of doubt...

I'm not saying Mahindra can or can't pass emissions in 2009 but apparently GM thinks they can; with their 4.5lL diesel they plan to make for their half ton trucks in 2009.

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #9  
Oh boy! A new truck made in India. I can hardly wait.....

/ Everyone ready for the Mahindra diesel pickup/SUV's #10  
DieselPower said:
Looks like they plan on starting to sell small diesel powered pick up's and SUV's starting sometime in 2009 here in the US.

Global Vehicles USA - GV-USA

Nice truck! Doesn't the grill "sort of" look like a Jeep? In fact, didn't Mahindra build Jeeps during WW II? Or at least sometime many years ago.

Cheers