Ex3200 Tire differences

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Hello, was looking at a used (08) Cubcadet/yanmar Ex3200 the other day and noticed the rear tires were quite a bit skinnier than those found on pictures on the net. Were the tires on the 08 models different than the new(est) ones?

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #2  
Are they the Ag tires (R1)? The turf tires and the Industrial (R4) tires are wider.

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #3  
They are probably the Ag tires which seem to be a little less common than the Industrials.

/ Ex3200 Tire differences
:thumbsup:Yes they must be, much more agressive tread like a normal "field" type tractor tire. They wheels are a lot more slender as well. Hmm, much rather have the industrial tire for flotation but oh well.

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #5  
:thumbsup:Yes they must be, much more agressive tread like a normal "field" type tractor tire. They wheels are a lot more slender as well. Hmm, much rather have the industrial tire for flotation but oh well.

It would be nice to have a second set of tires.....1 industrial, 1 Ag. I really like the Ag tires on my 5000 series, but it's a much lighter tractor. The traction difference is noticeable, yet it doesn't tear up my lawn.....

Well seeing as how people complaing about snowplowing with the industrial tires i think i'll stick with the ag's. We dont run on anything that will be missed if torn up a little. Two wheel drive and some common sense will help a lot of that though.

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #7  
what are the best tires for snowplowing, allthought i do alot of dirt work, mowing and brush hogging in the spring, summer and fall

/ Ex3200 Tire differences #8  
Industrials are a good all - around tire. Ags give quite a bit more traction. Chains will help any tire when using in winter.

If you're mowing a lawn, the Ag tires could tear up your grass.

what are the best tires for snowplowing, allthought i do alot of dirt work, mowing and brush hogging in the spring, summer and fall

Well just from experience with snow the thinner the tire and less contact area will help, along with tread clearing capabilities. Your best bet for snow is the R1 as the floatation of the r4 may be too much. Obviously ice is totally different but snow and actual field work the r1 will work great. We had a chance to use ours a lot over the last few weeks and the tires work great for woods work as the ground clearance is quite a bit more and pulling a box blade really worked the tires. The tires actually ripped into the soil instead of spinning on top of the sub soil i guess you could say (years of leaves, twigs and needles). The main thing between the r1 and r4 i can tell is going to be floatation.