excavating hill side for retention wall - what implment for BX25?

/ excavating hill side for retention wall - what implment for BX25? #21  
Like Keithinspace said you will use your toothbar for 30 min and then go buy a box blade! I purchased a toothbar new with the tractor and now it sits in the garage all alone.
I really thought it would help and it did to some extent but if you try and do any type of precise leveling (driveway or yard) the teeth do leave a mark. Good Luck!

Found another toothbar limitiation...Just finished moving a tri-axle load of #3 limestone for my neighbors driveway base...It really interferes with scooping and grading that stuff. It's coming off next time I do that.

/ excavating hill side for retention wall - what implment for BX25? #22  
If it is any help DB, these are some picks of a similar project last summer at my daughters house. The slope was also about 45*. I started on one end by lifting the bucket up and making a secondary road about half way up the slope with the material cut from the top part of the slope. I dug the entire length like this first. I then got to ground level and cut away the rest of the slope. This excavation took 2 and a half days to complete in soil that was rock and root strewn. For me the tooth bar was a invaluble comodity that I bought just for this job and I bought one that had 2 extra teeth installed. (54" bucket width)

Attachments

• DSC01565.JPG start.jpg
    DSC01565.JPG start.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01635.JPG finished.jpg
    DSC01635.JPG finished.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 192