Exhaust Mod on my 3725

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #61  
I made the mod exactly as Slowpoke slim did with the Stanley IH4 muffler on my 2018 3520 Branson. I am very happy with the mod. I have had it like this for about three months now. Data logger completely removed and no issues at all runs great, rpm gauge works too. THANKS SLIM!
I do landscaping mostly so never really had to get the tractor that high in rpms. I was constantly having issues with DPF and having to run it full bore on the street for at least an hour to get the light to go out. One time it gave no indication of an issue just shut down and would not stay on, I had to have the DPF cleaned which cost 250.00. It was more than the mod. The muffler shop charged me 150.00 for the mod and I spent 38.00 on the muffler.
I feel like it does have more power, I definitely go up hills a lot easier and it lifts more than before. I attached a a couple of pics it came out really well muffler man did an excellent job and I still have the old unit in case I need to put it all back on.

Attachments

• 20210522_165403.jpg
    20210522_165403.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210522_165413.jpg
    20210522_165413.jpg
    962.2 KB · Views: 209
   / Exhaust Mod on my 3725
Very nice Techno.

I'm glad it helped. It is a nice feeling to know you can run your engine how you want, based on the job at hand and not have to worry about the stupid exhaust filter.

I think the guys with the new model (2021?) with the manual regen and butterfly valve solenoid may need to do some extra steps to make this mod work. It sounds like they changed the wiring harness in the new design. We'd need some guys willing to dig into the wiring on theirs to figure out the pinout. I'm hoping that it's all in the data logger plug, and a guy could just figure out the right pins to jump across and make a jumper wire to complete the circuit in the plug.

Hopefully if someone with the newer design starts a mod, they will start another thread about it so we can all learn what the new mod will entail.

But for us (2020 and older) older tractors, the mod is really easy and straight forward.

2+ years into my mod and my tractor still runs flawlessly. I used it yesterday to dig out an area to put in a garden bed.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #63  
I have a 2021 now nearing my 50 hour service. Have yet to see a regen light. My plan has been to leave system alone as long as it is working properly and not requiring constant regens.
Or hoping someone else does the modifications and posts procedure and results.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725
I have a 2021 now nearing my 50 hour service. Have yet to see a regen light. My plan has been to leave system alone as long as it is working properly and not requiring constant regens.
Or hoping someone else does the modifications and posts procedure and results.
I can't blame you for that. I wouldn't have modified mine either if it hadn't started giving me problems.

I'm still blaming it on the cold weather start up temps here. You may never have any problems on the upper west coast since you'll never see our temperatures there. But you will have to keep your rpms up in the upper range. And I'm assuming yours has the butterfly valve and the manual regen? Combining that change and upper rpm usage, you may well be fine in your climate.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #65  
I can't blame you for that. I wouldn't have modified mine either if it hadn't started giving me problems.

I'm still blaming it on the cold weather start up temps here. You may never have any problems on the upper west coast since you'll never see our temperatures there. But you will have to keep your rpms up in the upper range. And I'm assuming yours has the butterfly valve and the manual regen? Combining that change and upper rpm usage, you may well be fine in your climate.
Yes Slim, you are correct. Climate on Oregon coast is very mild with wet winters. Snow is a rarity. I will have limited use for my tractor come November through February. Pastures will be too soft depending on rainfall. I am currently doing a lot of field mowing and will move to herbicide spraying. All of which I can control rpms easily with a gear driven tractor.
Yes, the exhaust system has the butterfly valve. I am assuming the regen button is what controls this valve. This system may have a little more to tinker with to disable properly but the fact there is no ECM should make it very doable. ( I hope) Time will tell whether I need to bother with a modification. Not having an ECM and the fuel delivery system was a deciding factor on my decision to purchase the Branson tractor.
Fully understandable why you had to go the muffler route. You did a fantastic job allowing yourself to reinstall in the future should you need to.
Kind regards, Norm

Last edited:
   / Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #66  
Being able to run an actual regen should elimintate the DPF clogging problem that Slim and a few others have had on the older machines where there's no way to regen. Unless Branson somehow screwed it up, which is always possible with any manufacturer.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #67  
I wanted to also chime in with my experience on a 2021 3620h model in north Ga. I have 82 hours and so far no regen required. I do try to keep RPMs up around 1200-1500 when working but I also do a fair amount of idling while in-between tasks, connecting, disconnecting and rigging chains. Unless it started requiring frequent regens, I probably will leave it stock for the foreseeable future.

Bruce.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #68  
I am getting a new (refurbished I think) DPF can from my dealer today. I am very tempted to just do the delete anyways and save the new can for if I ever sell it.

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #69  
Isn’t there a model number for the European version of tractor that we could just order the muffler. I have a 5520ch. And am trying to find part numbers and no luck

/ Exhaust Mod on my 3725 #70  
Isn’t there a model number for the European version of tractor that we could just order the muffler. I have a 5520ch. And am trying to find part numbers and no luck
I'm in New Zealand and have 2021 6225H that is equipped with a regular muffler, no DPF.
Screenshot_20210706_181424_com.android.chrome.jpg
IMG_20210830_145549.jpg