F.E.L. BOOM POLE

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Pics of boom pole. Thanks to KennyV for some ideas. Lifts to 21 feet. Just what I needed.

Attachments

• 576423-boom3 (612 x 462).jpg
    576423-boom3 (612 x 462).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,667
   / F.E.L. BOOM POLE
It's quick attach too.

Attachments

• 576426-boom2 (462 x 612).jpg
    576426-boom2 (462 x 612).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,967
   / F.E.L. BOOM POLE
The whole thang!

Attachments

• 576429-boom1 (612 x 462).jpg
    576429-boom1 (612 x 462).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,115
   / F.E.L. BOOM POLE #5  
It looks great. Nice work. Any idea how much weight it can lift when it is laid out almost horizontally like you showed in the first pic? What kinds of things do you lift with it?

Tom

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE #6  
nice job!! keep up the good work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE #7  
The project is very nice.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quick attach??
I was just given a price of
Kasco UH 2........................$ 805.00
Kasco UH 10......................$ 185.00

Do these prices seem HIGH ??????????????

Doug M

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE #8  
Very nice! Do you have 5000 lbs of balast on the rear for lifting such heavy loads?
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE
slydog I want to know where you got that 5,000 lb bucket!

That's heavy water from the nuclear reactor I built last year!

Tom Any idea how much weight it can lift when it is laid out almost horizontally like you showed in the first pic? What kinds of things do you lift with it?

Don't really know what it's capacity is on lift max from horizontal?? I suspect the boom pole may be able to handle more weight than the FEL will curl. Built with a single (almost) purpose in mind. I intend to to build a barn in spring and will use this to lift 20' 6X6 posts and set in holes. Also to lift floor joists that are 32 feet in length and set on top plates for loft. Barn walls will be 14' eaves. Floor joists will weigh about 180 lbs. each. Don't know what a 20' 6X6 weighs but I believe it will handle it. Will make a one man job of the poles. 2 man job for joists. Me on the tractor, and a hookup / guide man on ground. Also can use to put plywood up for loft floor, & lumber for roof framing up there when joists are set. Should save a lot of manual labor. I test lifted 300lbs. from horizontal to full vertical & worked fine. I don't think I would want more than 500 lbs on the end tho. I'm sure I will find more uses for it as time goes by. Thanks for the kind comments.

/ F.E.L. BOOM POLE #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I intend to to build a barn in spring and will use this to lift 20' 6X6 posts and set in holes. Also to lift floor joists that are 32 feet in length and set on top plates for loft. )</font>

I hope we get to see pictures of it in action when you do your barn in the spring. I just drove through part of Tennessee (western) for the first time last week - pretty country.

Meanwhile, I'd be interested in hearing more about your nuclear reactor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom