F1145 starting issue.

/ F1145 starting issue. #1  

Harrishill

Tractor
F1145 1993
When I turn the keys I hear usual 2 clicks, the glow plug light goes out. I turn the key to start and get nothing. I have checked the brake pedal switch and neutral switch. The fuses are good as well. I am stumped. I have a feeling it’s something too easy and do not really want to have the dealer pic it up.

/ F1145 starting issue. #2  
Two thoughts, is the pto off? If it is off does the tractor think it on? How good is your battery? Load test the battery.

/ F1145 starting issue.
The volt meter says about 12.

/ F1145 starting issue.
Two thoughts, is the pto off? If it is off does the tractor think it on? How good is your battery? Load test the battery.
Yep. Pto is off but when the key is in the on position and I pull the pto switch up and down, sometimes the light comes on and sometimes not.

/ F1145 starting issue. #5  
About 12? A 12 volt battery when the tractor is not running should read about 12.6 volts or a little more. On the JD forums people talk about sudden death of some JD batteries. I don’t know if they had a bad batch or not.

/ F1145 starting issue. #6  
Is there also a seat switch? They have been known to cause a no crank condition.

/ F1145 starting issue. #7  
Load test battery. Sounds like a bad one, needing replacement.

/ F1145 starting issue.
I tested the jumper wire that disables the seat, seems fine. I installed a new brake pedal switch. Not that. I bought a new pto switch, it’s not that. I am not getting power to the purple wire that is connected to the bottom of the starter. Fuel solenoid?