F24d

/ F24d
So tractor is split. It appears that the same shaft and bearings I replaced previously moved and threw the alignment of the gears out. So hopefully when I get them aligned back up everything will work.

BUT! While checking all other gears and bearings I noticed the 1st/reverse rod didn’t appear to be hitting any detents. So I pulled it out and realized that the spring and ball bearing was compressed by a transmission cover bolt, therefore it wasn’t setting correctly. All good. Heres the BUT, while putting in a roll pin the rod snapped in two. So now on a holding pattern till I order this $270 rod.

I do have another question. These two bearings have a 8x1.25mm bolt that acts as a set screw. No dimples in bearings to set them in. I over torqued one the first time and cracked the race. Was a little leary in tightening them to tight and I think this is why they moved. Any recommendations?

Thanks for all the help and conversation.

/ F24d #22  
No recommendations but wondering if you solved the found spring location.

/ F24d
No recommendations but wondering if you solved the found spring location.
Yes. Spring is the one that Hoye Tractor pointed out. Must have flipped it off when removing top of rearend.