F24d

/ F24d #1  

Dmg2076

Tractor
Yanmar FX24D
At it again. F24D wont move. Couple years ago had same problem and had lost a bearing in rearend. Was plowing the garden and came to a dead stop. No movement out of any gears. Get a little grinding noise in rear end when clutch is let out. Pulled top of rearend of today and bearing I replaced looks good. Pulled side cover off rearend and found a spring abou 2” long laying in bottom. Can’t find it in parts book and have no clue what it is from. Any help?

/ F24d #2  
Typically, when the machine will not move, a simple pull the hydraulic filter, clean and then refill with J20C gets the machine going once again.

Bummer about finding the 2-Inch spring. BUT, these tractors are METRIC, thus the spring is 50mm in length. Got any more clues?

/ F24d #3  
At it again. F24D wont move. Couple years ago had same problem and had lost a bearing in rearend. Was plowing the garden and came to a dead stop. No movement out of any gears. Get a little grinding noise in rear end when clutch is let out. Pulled top of rearend of today and bearing I replaced looks good. Pulled side cover off rearend and found a spring abou 2” long laying in bottom. Can’t find it in parts book and have no clue what it is from. Any help?
Maybe this one? POWERSHIFT RELIEF VALVE SPRING

/ F24d
It does not have power shift. This spring has a bent hook on each end. Thank you. This thing has me puzzled. But hey I can tear it down in less than 2 hours now. Lol

/ F24d #5  
It does not have power shift. This spring has a bent hook on each end. Thank you. This thing has me puzzled. But hey I can tear it down in less than 2 hours now. Lol
Sorry about that. Good luck!

/ F24d #6  
The only spring I see that sort of matches your description is the highlighted spring below. I'm pretty sure that spring is internal and could end up in the bottom of the transmission if it came loose.

Does the tractor move when in 4wd?

1.jpg

/ F24d
I am not sure if it moved in 4 wheel drive. I believe it was in 4 wheel because I was pulling a 2-14 bottom plow. I will look and see if this is it. Thanks this may be a break through.

/ F24d
Question though. Would this affect the drive train? This looks like it is for the 3-point.

/ F24d #9  
The spring would not... unless it fell in between gears or something but you would be able to see if it was chewed on.

I would also check to see if your PTO works under a load (like hooked to a mower or something). There is a splined coupler in the bellhousing that can fail and the easiest way to tell if that is the problem is that neither the PTO nor the transmission work. It usually makes a grinding noise when it fails.

Edit: Looks like the F24 does not have the little splined coupler that I was describing so that wont be it.

Last edited:
   / F24d #10  
probably wrong but spring #37 looks external to me. Wonder if it could be #9 or #27 here. Shows there should be 3 ea of them. 4 wheel drive knowledge is important. This model noted for ring gear and pinion problems.

Attachments

• 2021-06-07-034425.jpg
    2021-06-07-034425.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 77
Last edited: