face mask for mowing tired of the dust?

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #32  
I have the same problem when the grass is dry. I don’t know how finely chopped dry grass is. But pollen size in a google search is: “Average size of allergy-producing pollen is 25 microns (one micron equals . 000039 inches), but some may be as small as 2.5 microns or as large as 200 microns. Since each plant species produces its own unique pollen, each grain can be identified.” An ASTM level 1 mask filters particles much smaller than that. Pollen particles are huge compared to viruses. So any ASTM rated surgical mask should do the job. It just fas to fit tight enough so all the air goes through the filter, not around it.

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #33  
N95 in order to be worn in a hospital must my fit tested and then the user is given a certification card for model and size...

There was a little wiggle room during pandemic shortage but fit testing with hood and agent is the standard...

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #34  
You obviously don't live in Texas. It doesn't rain here anymore....LOL
I live in your neighbor state (NM) and it’s dry here till July, then we get rain the rest of the summer. But the grass doesn’t grow when it’s dry, so no need to mow.

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #35  
Still mow the kind of mowing I hate.

Due to drought the lawns are dead but weeds can spread.

Set mower to lowest setting to clean things up… without my respirator mask I would be unable to work in the dust storm…

With mask I’m only dirty on the outside but lungs and sinus stay better than clean.

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #36  
   / face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #37  
Still mow the kind of mowing I hate.

Due to drought the lawns are dead but weeds can spread.

Set mower to lowest setting to clean things up… without my respirator mask I would be unable to work in the dust storm…

With mask I’m only dirty on the outside but lungs and sinus stay better than clean.
I was mainly speaking about field mowing with the rotary cutter. I mow the lawn weekly because it’s irrigated.

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #38  
I was mainly speaking about field mowing with the rotary cutter. I mow the lawn weekly because it’s irrigated.
With the dry summers the tractor does all the fields with one cut if timing is right with a second cut necessary if we get a late rain... required for fire suppression in this part of California.

Dust not bad at all but I still wear my respirator and have to make sure to keep the radiator screen on the L3800 clear of chaff...

Irrigation isn't really an option large scale. The farm has 2500 gallons of deeded Spring water from 1850 and without any pump provides 33 psi to the trees and homestead.

The Christmas Trees are drip irrigated to make it all work.

The yard mows are at the rent property again for suppression...

Last edited:
   / face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #39  
I recommend the 3M 8511 because it has the breathing filter in the middle of it and it won't fog your glasses. Northern tools sells them and I use it anytime I drive the tractor or use the push mower or weed whacker. Inexpensive and really helps.

/ face mask for mowing tired of the dust? #40  
1657370280594.png