Failed bearing 7010

/ Failed bearing 7010 #11  
I like that bucket ... Front dozing, rear dragging. Nice. It's like a 4-in-1 opened up.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #12  
I just put a new grader blade on the bottom, adding 2 1/2" to the height. Plowing down steep hills, the bottom edge wouldn't always touch the ground. I ran into the same problem this winter with a brand new angle plow I purchased. It was a no name brand from China sold to a guy for his Skidsteer. The correct height for the quick attach is critical. If you are always on level ground you would never know there was a problem. Something everyone should watch out for if you live in hilly country like myself. With the new 5/8" thick grader blade and back drag on the top I have added over 250 lbs.. The extra weight will also help with front end traction. I have all 4 tires studded as well, I used the Maxigrip studs. Expensive but they stay in. The only thing left to do is add a couple toe hooks and ready for next winter.

Snow Pusher.JPG

/ Failed bearing 7010 #13  
Had a bearing in the front hub fail, anyone experience this? Only 500 hrs.

Yeah, I have the P7040 with a front right bearing that let go at 324.6 hours...I'm going through **** trying to get it fixed...I will never buy an LS tractor again.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #14  
A little late to the party guys, but there is a run of P Series tractors that have an update available. We've had 2 failures that I'm aware of but we do check every P Series that comes in for service and update as required. Your dealer needs to get the front axle s/n and call their regional service manager, if it's within a certain serial # range they *should* approve an update. So far all the updates we've done have been covered under warranty.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #15  
You wouldn't happen to know what that range of s/n are? I have about 500 hours on my LS 7010 and would sooner have the update completed prior to any possible failure. Thanks.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #16  
You wouldn't happen to know what that range of s/n are? I have about 500 hours on my LS 7010 and would sooner have the update completed prior to any possible failure. Thanks.

Sorry I don't remember the range, there is a s/n stamped in the front axle and that's what your dealer needs to check.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #17  
Had a bearing in the front hub fail, anyone experience this? Only 500 hrs.

Your front bearing probably failed because the wheel base on the front end is set at 7'. Reverse the rims so the wheel base is 6.5'. That extra 6 inches puts alot of strain on the bearings. If you check the wheel base on the rear end is 6.5'. LS 7010's have a common problem with the front bearings because of the wheel base set too wide. I shortened the front wheel base on my 2011 7010 as soon as I bought it and never had a problem.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #18  
Good point, I will check and see what my 7010 wheel base is set at. How many hours do you have on your 7010?

/ Failed bearing 7010 #19  
Good point, I will check and see what my 7010 wheel base is set at. How many hours do you have on your 7010?

Just shy of 1000 hours. The tractor got worked pretty hard the first two years. Haying, plowing, manure spreading, bush cutting, snowblowing, etc. The only problem I had was 2 years ago during haying season the steering hydraulic hose had a slow leak at the coupling. Not a big deal. The dealership sent a mechanic down from Mirimichi within a day and replaced it. Pattersons has excellent service. I've been skidding logs with it the past two winters. The tractor works like a champ!

/ Failed bearing 7010 #20  
Glad to hear you a very satisfied with Pattersons. I haven't had any trouble with my 7010 as well. I had a busy winter ploughing snow, just but the blowers and snow pusher away until next winter.

Snow Toys.JPG