Failed bearing 7010

/ Failed bearing 7010 #22  
Wheelbase is the distance between the center of the front and rear axles. Track is the distance from each axle end to end.

Eugene

/ Failed bearing 7010
The other side on mine blew up yesterday....

/ Failed bearing 7010 #25  
The other side on mine blew up yesterday....

That sucks! I'm going to keep an eye on mine when running it, check for heat.

CT

/ Failed bearing 7010
Dealer came thru with a hub assemble for me, seems to be a thing with some tractors, service manager tells me, this is a "new" design. He feels that the angle plow in the winter may be stressing the bearings. If so, hopefully this new design will be a fix.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #27  
We had another P series come in for service with the front wheel bearings failed and replaced with the updated hub assembly from LS. Our service rep feels confident that this updated design should be the fix. It's hard to see in the picture but the outer cast cover is heavier/thicker.

IMG_20150608_104803791_zpsjya3qmvm.jpg

/ Failed bearing 7010 #28  
What year is you P7010C that this happened to..?

/ Failed bearing 7010 #29  
We had another P series come in for service with the front wheel bearings failed and replaced with the updated hub assembly from LS. Our service rep feels confident that this updated design should be the fix. It's hard to see in the picture but the outer cast cover is heavier/thicker.

View attachment 428944

The one on the left clearly looks heavier. Did your service rep mention if these updated designs are on production tractors? If so when did they start to replace the previous design? Reason I ask, I have a 2014 7010... Bought in October, but do not know date of manufacture yet.

CT

/ Failed bearing 7010 #30  
The one on the left clearly looks heavier. Did your service rep mention if these updated designs are on production tractors? If so when did they start to replace the previous design? Reason I ask, I have a 2014 7010... Bought in October, but do not know date of manufacture yet.

CT

I don't know. I have asked my factory rep to inquire but have not received an answer yet.