Failed bearing 7010

/ Failed bearing 7010 #31  
I don't know. I have asked my factory rep to inquire but have not received an answer yet.

Keep us posted. It would be nice if he/she could provide a serial number range where the change in front hubs took place, if it was a change over. It could be a case of use existing parts then change over. Or it could be a case of having two vendors supplying parts, which ever are available we use. Or it could be an alternate part number part until we fully change over to the new part...

I am in the manufacturing world as an engineer. We see this all the time from Product Engineering. They change parts due to this or that and it can be an inexact science how new or updated parts make their way into the final product...

I am still curious if the rep can provide a SN or date range of when, if when these parts made it into production units.

CT

/ Failed bearing 7010 #32  
If you are having bearings failed, what would changing the housing stop the bearing to fail ?

/ Failed bearing 7010 #33  
If you are having bearings failed, what would changing the housing stop the bearing to fail ?

One possibility is that the outer cover is flexing, putting additional side load on the bearing.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #34  
Maybe the new style housing lets them use a different or heavier bearing setup.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #35  
Both my front bearings on a 7040 were replaced with the new updated style.If you jack the front end up there is definately play in them like the old ones.The shop manager said you cannot set the bearings as they are not tapered.no preload.So they said they would replace them for free even after warranty because they dont think they will hold up.First set laste 310 hours.

/ Failed bearing 7010 #36  
A couple mechanics came to my garage on May 5/17 and replaced the front hub assembly's on my 2012 LS7010. Mine were still good but LS (Pattersons) are upgrading 200 tractors in the area. They left me the old assemblies to do what I wish with. The tie-rod ends they had with them had grease fittings installed in them so I decided to drill and tap mine for grease fittings. Easy to do and could help extend the life of them. Just a note: Keep the boots lubricated to help prevent them from drying out and cracking. Just under 900 hrs. on my tractor and everything going well. (Knock on wood) PS: Only a couple hour job to replace both hub assembly's.

DSC02066.JPG DSC02058.JPG

/ Failed bearing 7010 #37  
Hi Just had the left side blow up on my 7010 yesterday,never knew anything about a recall. Called Patterson's and the rep says they will replace both front housings. We'll see tomorrow. Got almost 2000hrs on it and it's a 2010 year