Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem

mswanson65

What year is your snow blower ? I too have a Allied/Farm King snow blower and it too has the three blade fan - hhhmmmmm. I have a copy of my manual I can send via email if it would be any help. It is a 1989 73" wide blower.
Have you opened up the gearbox at all ? Is your gearbox an enclosed one - if so you should have oil inside. There are level plugs/vents and I opened my gearbox up and cleaned it out when I first got the blower. The gearbox was dry, so opening it up to check paid dividends for me.
I have attached a picture of my blower - I added wings to make the effective cut wider (works well).
If you need a copy of my manual shoot me a PM.
HTH
Jim

Hi, I just picked up the Allied 73" snow blower pictured below. Looks alot like yours. I know this is an old thread but if you are willing... I would love to have the electronic copy of the manual e-mailed.

Attachments

• allied_snowblower.jpg
    allied_snowblower.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19

Dave M7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Nuffield 465
we recommend grease on those gears!
That style of open gear has been around for many decades. A bit of snow seems to be all the lube they need. Very tough!

I first saw these open gears used on blowers made by McKee Bros and also sold as JD blowers painted green.
Dave M7040