Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem

/ Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem #11  
What year is your snow blower ? I too have a Allied/Farm King snow blower and it too has the three blade fan - hhhmmmmm. I have a copy of my manual I can send via email if it would be any help. It is a 1989 73" wide blower.
Have you opened up the gearbox at all ? Is your gearbox an enclosed one - if so you should have oil inside. There are level plugs/vents and I opened my gearbox up and cleaned it out when I first got the blower. The gearbox was dry, so opening it up to check paid dividends for me.
I have attached a picture of my blower - I added wings to make the effective cut wider (works well).
If you need a copy of my manual shoot me a PM.
HTH
Jim

Hi, I just picked up the Allied 73" snow blower pictured below. Looks alot like yours. I know this is an old thread but if you are willing... I would love to have the electronic copy of the manual e-mailed.

Attachments

• allied_snowblower.jpg
    allied_snowblower.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 115
   / Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem #12  
we recommend grease on those gears!
That style of open gear has been around for many decades. A bit of snow seems to be all the lube they need. Very tough!

I first saw these open gears used on blowers made by McKee Bros and also sold as JD blowers painted green.
Dave M7040

/ Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem #13  
I suspect Buhler, Allied, Farm King are the same machine, depending on what quantity the wholesale order is for.. ?? ??

We got our Buhler 50" gently used and cheap as things like this go.. I pulled the shear bold out of the auger drive, slid the chain sprocket off the shaft and reassembled all with a liberal coat of copper anti seize compound..

This for every fastener I could reach to disassemble and reassemble with anti seize..

Knock on wood... This has worked well as it would be a pain in the neck to work on in cold weather..

/ Farm King snowblower shear sprocket problem #14  
I just stumbled upon this thread and find the OP's post interesting. I have a Farm King 84" blower on my tractor. The first time out last winter I picked up a good sized rock that made it through the ribbon and into the fan. When the fan hit it the blower stopped instantly. Unfortunately upon engaging the PTO drive just after this occurred I had a terrible racket in my transmission. I took it to a mechanic for repair and $6000 later the mechanic showed me where the PTO drive gear in the tractor transmission had two teeth broken off by the snow blower. When I checked the shear bolts (I found them sitting on the skid plate of the tractor) they were the proper size and grade. I also checked the slip joint held together by the shear bolts and it looked brand new, there was not corrosion at all. With the OP's post I now believe the parts that the OP found pressed together are the cause of my extremely expensive repair.

Blane