Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ????

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #11  
I thought he was responding to spm22's comment "and parts may be tricky to locate etc.", but since it was a direct reply to the main post, you can't tell. Anyway, I think we have beatened the "Jinma parts availability" enough /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #12  
JohnS, I have to agree with you that the myth has been beaten down, but I strongly suspect that there are many in the tractor community who still believe it. Much like the myth that talking on a cell phone while pumping gas can cause an explosion . . . totally false, been dispelled many times, but still believed by many.

That said, spm22 said that parts can be tricky to find, and there is some truth to that if you expect to run down to the local dealer and find them, because in some areas that simply doesn't exist.

The reality is probably pretty close to what I wrote, that is there are lots of places to get parts, just like there are lots of places to buy the tractors. And the tractors, while generally rudimentary in appearance, must work pretty darn well or there wouldn't be so many of them here. So while many may choose to buy something with more advanced features like synchro, shuttle or HST transmission, there is a big market for a basic machine and Jinma seems to fit that market very well.

When things get muddy is when someone is trying to price Jinma "feature for feature" against other brands. Switching from R1 tires to the far more popular R4s can add $1000 to the price of a Jinma. More advanced transmissions are simply not available at any price. But again, the full featured market is not where Jinma is competing. In the basic tractor market, I'd say that Jinma probably owns the category.

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #13  
Double check the model number on the JD 430. The 430 was a lawn mower. There is a JD tractor with the model number 4300 and 4310 and both those tractors use a 430 front end loader. Many times people see the model number of the loader and think it is the tractor's model number.

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #14  
Bob,

I meant, it has been beaten about enough within this thread. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have no illussions of convincing the general tractor public in what they may or may not believe. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I don't even bother to post within the general forums, about the merits of chinese tractors. Way too much flack! I do perceive it is getting better. I think people are starting to see, that there are just too many people that are happy with them, and their capabilities.

I'm OK with everyone's post here, it is from their own perspective. Just need to understand that perspective, sometimes. Also, chinese tractor owners can be a little sensitive because of what the "general" tractor population believes and sometimes posts.

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Most areas you can easily drive to a big 3 dealer and possibly lay your hands on that part, that day. )</font>
Mail order/online parts replacement is fine with me too John. My Yanmar got me tuned in to internet suppliers. Prior to that I owned (2) John Deere - and never once got a part on the first trip to either of two area dealers. What I DID always get, was "we'll have it for you on the next truck (or two)".

//greg//

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #16  
In a perfect world, it would be nice not to need parts. I already needed a starter but it came under warranty from Texas in one day. I'm impressed with UPS and the dealer I bought from. My starting problem seems to have gone away too, it's been a good week. I have a 1987 Toyota longbed pickup with 193,000 + miles on it, it's one of the best vehicles I have ever owed. Was it completely without any problem-no. I have always kept it serviced and tinkered with different things from time to time and fixed the problems before they became issues. Hopefully the Jinma will treat me the same. So far I am impressed with the power and it runs smooth, unlike some of the other diesel engines I have heard. Time will tell but so far I feel like I made the right choice. (with help from everyone here.)

Bill

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #17  
Sorry all, I was replying to spm22 posting about parts being tricky to get. I simply get tired of hearing unqualified opinions on this corner of TBN. I did not mean to start a war. Enough said

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ????
I apologize. I gave the number of the JD loader. The tractor I am asking about is the 790. Thanks to all who have given their opinion on these tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am not concerned about parts on the Farm Pro. I have a Farm Pro dealer one mile away and also dealers for the other tractors within 5 miles.

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #19  
I think you need to look at the specs of these tractors, the 790 is going to outclass the TC21 in many ways. The 790 is also a old style design, generally considered one of the value tractors in the JD lineup as opposed to their modern and ergonomic 41xx series tractors. It would probably be more closely related to the TC30 from New Holland (which is the 30hp NH basic value tractor).

I understand what you want to do, but the question that remains is what do you want in a tractor? If you are looking for low price, the Jinma (Farm Pro) is going to be the winner. If you are looking for a small machine with modern features, the TC21 will be the choice. If you want power, the 790 is going to win. You have 3 different styles of tractors, 3 different engine powers, and 3 different feature sets.

/ Farm Pro 25, NH TC21D, JD 430 ???? #20  
I have nothing to contribute to the original intent of this post/sorry.... One thing that was touched on in the thread was try to convince the non believers that Chinese for the average home owner is an excellant choice.... Before I came to my senses about Jinma/I was sold on the idea they were junk...due to information from people who nothing more about Jinma than the rumors they'd heard /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was looking at the big 3. The most guilty ( in my narrow mind /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) was Kubota... They make some FINELY engineered/built Industrial stuff/I was looking at a B22 at the time but it was cost prohibitive/in my mind priced for commercial applications. When you got into the cheaper Kubota models there was nothing too impressive there in what I call the "Happy Homeowner Duty" models. Buck for buck in the Happy Homeowner line I really don't think Jinma can be beaten. If you REALLY want to get into a heated debate do a post on an only thing worth owning is an American built machine website like say Yesterdays Tractor & put on a post about you like your Jinma & you believe you made a good choice. I did that & WHAT A SHELLACKING I TOOK..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I even insulted them further by bringing up their Icon manufacturer Catepillar's D3 was made by Mitsubishi & that too created a storm. One brave soul posted John Deere was making stuff in China now. That went over like passing gas in church.... Every time I bump into a Jinma naysayer
I ask what he's basing his opinion on?/informaton from peope who have never owned, never knew anybody who owned/have never even SEEN a Jinma or is their opinion formulated on information/input from Jinma owners? & the conversation stalls & I get a blank look.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry for taking up your electrons to vent frustrations... I'll get down offa my stump now.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif