Farm Pro tractors

/ Farm Pro tractors #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I am looking for a decent tractor to brush hog approximately 7 acres of tall grass. Trying to keep cost as minimal as possible due to wife. There have been several Farm Pro tractors advertised in the classifieds of the local paper. Are these tractors decent? Are they tractors for the mechanically inclined to own because they break a lot? There is a 25 hp with fel and 235 hours listed for 7,900. A 2425 with fel, 6' finish mower, 5' brush mower, 5' box blade, 5' blade, 5' disc and a quick hitch for 8,800. Are those decent prices if they are in good shape? I have no clue on the brand of the implements. I am guessing from the price they are probably on the low end. Should I even be thinking of these tractors or will I be spending more time fixing them then doing work with it? Thanks for any recommendations/opinions.

/ Farm Pro tractors #2  
I own a Farm Pro 3010 (2430). I have not had one problem with it. I use a landscape rake, tiller and boxblade with it. I have done many chores with the tractor and it keeps on chugging. The dealer I bought it from replaced all fluids and flushed out the system, they checked all bolts and put it through it's paces before I picked it up. I had the fel replaced and upgraded to a more heavy duty. All my implements are heavy duty and haven't failed. I have many hours on this tractor. This tractor has a perkins engine. A good dealer is the key. If it fails, they will come to my place and fix it. Mine came with a 2 year warranty.

/ Farm Pro tractors #3  
I've had good luck with mine, bought it in Nov. 2004 and the tractor with a Koyker loader was $9,500 new. Mine is a 2840LE Ag King same as 284 LE with shuttle shift.

/ Farm Pro tractors #4  
<font color="blue"> I am looking for a decent tractor to brush hog approximately 7 acres of tall grass. Trying to keep cost as minimal as possible due to wife. There have been several Farm Pro tractors advertised in the classifieds of the local paper. Are these tractors decent? </font>

Hey Nissan 197,

Well, In my opinion, they are not as good as my Nissan Pickup Truck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Farmpro, is a Chinese Tractor Renamed by Homier. I have had good luck with my Jinma 224 @ 140 hours, and Dick over at the Owners forum, has a Nortrac/Jinma 254, with over 500 hours and he says, that his is purring like a Kitten and Pulling like a Chinese Demon.

If you decide to get a Chinese Tractor, I invite you to join the Owners Club, at the address in my signature.

Best of Luck,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Farm Pro tractors #5  
I have a small one (2420, 20hp) with 26 hrs on it. It runs well, pulls well, and hasn't had any "real" problems yet.

The "accessories" are cheap (lights, gauges, etc.) but the "meat" seems to be OK.

I use mine to cut 7.5 acres with a 4' rotary cutter, the property has some small hills and it performs well.

For the price I'd buy mine again.

/ Farm Pro tractors #6  
The 2420 has been discontinued... I think this is the tractor that put Homier on the map in terms of volume. Now all are 4wd and cheapest new Farmpro will sell in the over $7000 area, and that is without a loader, so if you can find a good used one for $7000-8000 for tractor and laoder, that is probably a fair deal today. You can still get a new one with loader under $10K but it will not be for long, have to find dealer with some old stock...

/ Farm Pro tractors #7  
Whats in a name?

I have two Nissan outboard motors, which are relabeled Tohatsu motors. I tow them and other things with my Nissan Pathfinder, which use to be called Datsun. I have a "generic" Jinma! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Farm Pro tractors
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to go check the two Farm Pro's out. I know a lot of dealers sell the package deal with the tractor and a number of implements. Of course the one I will be looking at is used, so no warranty. I don't care about the name as long as it runs well and maintenance is low. My truck is an 04 Nissan Titan and I could not be happier with it. It has done everything I have asked it to except pull a 56 Farmall up some ramps onto a trailer /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Just a little too much for it. I had to borrow a dually to get the job done.

/ Farm Pro tractors #9  
As with all used tractors, check them out thourghly. The good news is any assembly or mfg error has probably already been worked out. You need to find out the implement makes and condition to get a feel of their value, too. If you haven't already seen it, my site has allot of Jinma info, be it, some of it has become dated. web page

PS: Titan is nice truck. Couldn't fit in my garage. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I like my '05 Pathfinder, too. More of a truck style SUV than a soccer mom SUV. Nissan went back to a ladder frame, from the prior versions unibody. It has a fairly strong V6, too. In fact, I like the outboards, as well. Tohatsu makes all the small 4-stroke outboards (30hp and less), for Mercury.

/ Farm Pro tractors #10  
I beg to differ on the Titan being a good truck.
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I used to be a Nissan man. Had several Z cars, a 720 4x4 pickup, the wife had several Maximas. Even have an aluminum bass boat with a 60 hp Nissan outboard. All very satisifed with them.....until I bit into my '04 Titan SE gas guzzler.
King cab, gold....pretty truck but interior is flimsy. Paint in bed is soft as putty. Gets 9-10 mpg in town, around 15-16 mpg at 70 mph. Never shifts into high and converter never locks up below 45 mph....so overrevs in town.....thats were the gas goes...out the exhaust.....no reason for this as it produces torque like crazy.....Nissan has the shift points all screwed up for city driving and no way to reprogram. This is common on all the Titans. 5.6 liter with the latest technology. Chevy has had the 5.7 (350 ci) in pickups for ages and they regurally get over 20 on hiway and at least 15 in city....without near as many bells and whistles.

No wonder Nissan has been offering large rebates on these for the 3 years they have been producing them. ....they have not improved the gas milage. They are up to $2,500 rebate on the ones down the road. I got $1500 rebate and 4% off invoice when I bought mine and thought I had stole it.....not .....they got me.

K