Farmall 75A vs 75C

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #1  

todd92

Silver Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 75A, Kioti NX5510HST, Kioti CK3510SEHC, Farmall M, MF GC2310 TLB
I know the A is the economy model and the C is the deluxe model. But I'm hard pressed to see exactly what you get by paying more. Similarly equipped the C runs 8K more than the A. C has a heavier duty loader, 4 cyl vs 3 cyl, slightly nicer, roomier cab and EH PTO. C also has DPF and A does not, big plus for A. I'm not seeing 8K in value?

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #2  
I know the A is the economy model and the C is the deluxe model. But I'm hard pressed to see exactly what you get by paying more. Similarly equipped the C runs 8K more than the A. C has a heavier duty loader, 4 cyl vs 3 cyl, slightly nicer, roomier cab and EH PTO. C also has DPF and A does not, big plus for A. I'm not seeing 8K in value?
The C actually only runs a DOC, not a DPF in the newer models. The C is a much nicer, more refined machine. However, if you are only using it as a small chore tractor. The A would be fine. The 4 cylinder engine will last alot longer and be smoother in general.

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C
According to the Case website, under emission controls, the C has a DPF.

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #4  

It all depends on your situation. Years ago, I would have agreed, but now with age creeping in, and hopefully some more wisdom to go along with it, I’d be all over the C model even for 8k more.
The 4 cylinder engine will have smoother power. A heavier duty loader will be very nice if you’re going to use the loader at near max capacity. The roomier cab is great if you are a bigger person or want to install a buddy seat or take some tools in the cab with you. I keep a battery grease gun, a large crowbar and my cooler with me in the cab all the time.
The E range PTO will pay you back a little each time you use that PTO for mowing over long periods of time.
Lastly, the tractor will provide you more enjoyable time in the seat and finally, a better trade in or selling price when you finally decide to make a change.
Always remember, todays “ loaded “ equipment will be the “ base model “ 5 years in the future.

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C
For the C under DPF is says diesel particulate catalyst and for the A is says no.

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #7  
For the C under DPF is says diesel particulate catalyst and for the A is says no.
Catalyst only, not a DPF filter. The DOC is a full flow system. The 75c does not regen at all. Earlier models did.

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #8  
It all depends on your situation. Years ago, I would have agreed, but now with age creeping in, and hopefully some more wisdom to go along with it, I’d be all over the C model even for 8k more.
The 4 cylinder engine will have smoother power. A heavier duty loader will be very nice if you’re going to use the loader at near max capacity. The roomier cab is great if you are a bigger person or want to install a buddy seat or take some tools in the cab with you. I keep a battery grease gun, a large crowbar and my cooler with me in the cab all the time.
The E range PTO will pay you back a little each time you use that PTO for mowing over long periods of time.
Lastly, the tractor will provide you more enjoyable time in the seat and finally, a better trade in or selling price when you finally decide to make a change.
Always remember, todays “ loaded “ equipment will be the “ base model “ 5 years in the future.
I'm with you on that answer 100%!

SR

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C #9  
Catalyst only, not a DPF filter. The DOC is a full flow system. The 75c does not regen at all. Earlier models did.

I think, and hope, the Utility A and Workmaster Utility "5" series from Case/New Holland will be strong competitors. By the numbers, they should be. They were introduced in 2019 to compete with the cabbed JD 5E and Kubota M series. Prior to that, CNH was marketing the deluxe Farmall Utility C and T4/Powerstar series against the 5E's when in reality they were a better match against the JD 5M series. I wouldn't hesitate to own either CNH brand in either version. I'll explain some of the differences below, but bear in mind you can buy a late-model, low-houred "75C" or Powerstar 75 for about the same money as a new 75A/Workmaster 75 if the power and size make that much difference to you. Add on an extended CNH powertrain warranty from your Case dealer if you're worried about the warranty on a used tractor. They're pretty affordable and easy to get.

Bigpuddie is correct on the emissions, no DPF or DEF on the 75, just DOC catalyst. I sold a few of the New Holland Powerstar 75's when I worked at a NH dealership (same tractor as the Case IH). Did have the opportunity to drive around in a new Workmaster 75 (ie. Case Farmall 75A) and was genuinely impressed with the quality and features for the money. Both tractors are made in Turkey and feature pretty reliable quality control from Turk Tractor (FIAT joint venture since the 1960's). It's kinda funny, CNH was running big discounts on the Powerstar/C units prior to the WM/A "5" series coming out. At that time (this was 1.5 years ago or so) you could buy a Powerstar 75 for what the dealers are advertising a loaded WM75 cab now and CNH then jacked up the prices on the deluxe tractor to create that price "gap" in the market so you're in the low $50K range for a 75C model now. So yes, the Powerstar/Utility C (deluxe) tractors have a little bit larger cab, 4 cylinder engine, higher ride height, and more PTO hp. Not much difference on paper between loader and lift capacities (actually the "C" series shows a little better on the 3pt, don't know if that's 100% accurate). If you need 65+ PTO hp, you will need to go with the "C" series. The "A" series only has 60hp advertised PTO on the 75 model. If you look up the Nebraska test on the Case IH Farmall 75C it shows max ~68 PTO hp from a 74hp rated engine...that's a super efficient drive train.

They also offer the Farmall Utility A series in 55 and 65hp. If you're needing a lower hp in a heavier tractor, those are a great alternative to a large compact tractor for the money. Still get a great cab and power shuttle 12x12 in the 55A for about the same money as a Farmall 55 (LS-built), all options being the same (well, I'm assuming. This was true with New Holland). I always thought the LS-made Farmall compact cabs were just a bit tight for a 6' person. Hope this helps!

/ Farmall 75A vs 75C
Thank you. I'll focus on the A model. I don't need 60 PTO HP, but the dealers here have lots of 75A inventory and no 65A or 55A and as far as I can see online, there is barely any difference in price. This tractor will get used for lots of mowing, a fair amount of grapple work, some loader work, some discing, some box blading and some subsoiling. About 300 hours/yr. One nice thing about the C is the factory loader diverter valve, I wish all tractors had that as an option.

I see what you are saying about the C pricing, 2-3 years ago they were 45ish, now right at 50. The A is at 41. These prices are for the 'loaded' model of each with PS and loader.