Farmtrac 60 runs wide open

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #1  

ButchT61

Tractor
Farmtrac 60
I inherited a Farmtrac 60. It has been sitting for around 6 years. Got it to crank but appears to be running wide open on 2 cylinders. It has a Bosch inline injector pump. I replaced the oil in the governor with no changes in the RPM. Any suggestions to get throttle control working? The kill lever want shut it down, I have to cut off the air intake to kill it.

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #2  
If it won’t shut down with the kill cable, it’s rusted good.
U can remove the side cover on the pump to verify the rust.. or the big plug on top of the gov.
There’s no magic potion that’ll fix it.. your looking at a pump rebuild..(not cheap)

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open
Thanks for the reply. I took the side cover off and got the upper slide moving put the cover back on and filled it full of atf for over night will Try again tomorrow

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #4  
There is a vent on the back side of the pump body.. it should have a metal pig tail on it..
If u block it off, u can fill the pump and gov up w your magic elixir ..
Fill it up by removing the big plug on top of the gov hsg.

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open
I filled the governor with sea foam and atf let it set a few days with the vent plugged and worked the control slide and freed it up. Working as it should now.

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #6  
NO WAY.??!!!
That’s amazing.!!
Happy it worked out for you..
I have 1 in the shop RIGHT NOW that’s rusted like I’ve never seen before.!!!
There’s parts that have to come from the Bosch FACTORY.. simply because nobody stocks them because they don’t get replaced.!!
Some of the governor components were rusted thru..
And I had to take the pump apart with a hammer and punch.!!

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #7  
Great news. Also with the pumpguysc help I got mine working again a couple of years and about 500 hours ago. Still running and approaching the 1000 hour mark.

/ Farmtrac 60 runs wide open #8  
I know this thread is a few years old, but I have same issue with same tractor. I'm gonna give this a try, but will remove the side plate and look it over.