Favorite brews?

/ Favorite brews? #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
What are your favorite brews?
I was just thinking about how Anheiser-Busch is going to be purchased by InBev. I will still buy their products and really enjoy most of their brands, but if I had to choose and was not so cheap I would go with their Michelob brand. I would consider myself a light drinker who goes through a 12 pack in a month or two. It is just so nice some days after mowing on the tractor for a couple hours to open a cold one and sit on the front porch and reminisce. I went to the local store today to stock up and an old brand caught my eye. Boy, did it bring back memories of my childhood when my father would sit out back with a cold one. The brand? "Old Style". I could not pass it up and picked up a 12 pack for a whopping six bucks. I am used to the Coors, Miller, Bud brands. I also noticed "Schlitz", "Hamms", "Old Milwaulkee", "PBR". Are these old brands making a come back? Maybe they have always been around and I just did not pay attention. It is neat to see that they are still around. Of course, drink responsibly.

/ Favorite brews? #2  
Spaten Optimator. Lowenbrau in a pinch, but I don't think they make the great dark beer they once did. I might drink 2 dozen beers a year anymore, and I'm darn sure going to enjoy them when I do.

/ Favorite brews? #4  
I'm not a beer guy but I have a taste for good bourbon, particulary Elmer Lee.
Next would be Glenfidditch scotch. If no Elmer Lee is available then I go to Wild Turkey 80 proof not 101, whole different taste.

Brad

/ Favorite brews? #5  
Free & Cold is also my favorite. If I biy it, Shiner Bock works most of the time.
Best I've had is some my brother makes--Jalepeno Beer. Not for the timid tho.
Hard stuff would be either Canadian Mist or Famous Grouse--but I can't afford The Bird nowdays.
Pretty much gave it all up anyway, just a little now and then, but Lord I did my share during my mispent youth!!!
Don

/ Favorite brews? #6  
After living 6 years in Germany kinda lost my taste for the Bud, Miller, Coors offerings. I do enjoy the opportunity for a frosty mug at the end of the day, and these days feel the price of quality offsets the cost of quantity. Seems a bit ironic compared to the days of my youth that I have a builtin kegerator in the kitchen. I try to always have Volcano Red ale on one tap and either Hawaii Lager or Humpback Blue on the other. These are from our local brewer - Mehana. Actually, it's easier than recycling the cans or bottles.:D Also seems to be a popular spot during parties. :eek:

David

/ Favorite brews? #7  
bigshovel said:
I'm not a beer guy but I have a taste for good bourbon, particulary Elmer Lee.

Oddly I am only a beer guy in warm weather.
I mostly drink Yuengling for beer and Evan Willams bourbon and coke in cool weather. I am partial to the occasional Guiness stout anytime though:)

/ Favorite brews? #8  
Czeckvar or Pilsner from Pilsen is my Beer of choice lately. Or any of the European beers if they come in glass bottles and are brewed in Europe.:D :D

/ Favorite brews? #9  
San Maguel... About 20 cents a bottle in the Philippines!

mark

/ Favorite brews? #10  
most varieties of IPAs. Lately, I've been trying Mirror Pond Pale Ale ( good ) different varieties by flying dog ( most good ), more of a fan of the lighter varieties as opposed to the dark ales.