Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #71  
Looks nice but pricey and having a hole for the outlet seems like a leak point.

/ Favorite diesel can? #72  
I too recently purchased a shurcan. Unfortunately, I must have gotten a bad one because I filled it with diesel and depressing the trigger doesn't open the valve to release the fuel. I called the company this morning and they said they would send me a new one right away. The can seems like it'll work nicely as I can set it on the cowl of my B2601 and fuel my tractor without actually holding the can, but I'll have to wait to know for sure how much I like or dislike it. I can say the company has good customer service!

/ Favorite diesel can? #73  
Holding a 5 gallon steel Jerry can - up to appropriate height - can be a real PITA. No way I can see if the tanks getting near full. I've learned a secret though. Listen for the sound of the fuel tank filling. Makes a much different sound when the diesel in coming up the filler pipe. Never spilled a drop. Close to a hernia - but no spilled fuel.

/ Favorite diesel can? #74  
At $4+ a gallon there's no way I'm putting it in a container with a failure point built into the bottom of the can.

/ Favorite diesel can? #75  
I've been using the SureCans 3 years tomorrow without any issues. As it happens I can put the can on my arm rest and it is in perfect position to fill my tank. Yes they are pricey but I think worth it.

/ Favorite diesel can? #76  
sea2summit - the "left coast of GA" - must be closer to refining facilities. Diesel - $5.49/gallon here. And that's a considerable reduction in the last 3 to 4 months.

/ Favorite diesel can? #77  
I have 12 cans and fill them a couple times all at once. When you have to climb up on the ripper or the tracks and do it 6 or 7 times you want the lightest fastest draining can available. All machines and needs are different. My $5.00 cans are 21 years old and still working.

/ Favorite diesel can? #78  
I too recently purchased a shurcan. Unfortunately, I must have gotten a bad one because I filled it with diesel and depressing the trigger doesn't open the valve to release the fuel. I called the company this morning and they said they would send me a new one right away. The can seems like it'll work nicely as I can set it on the cowl of my B2601 and fuel my tractor without actually holding the can, but I'll have to wait to know for sure how much I like or dislike it. I can say the company has good customer service!
I've had them for >4 years,1 Diesel & 1 Gas. I'm not a contractor who fuels up every day, but I've not had any problems with them other than I wish it would flow FASTER. It seems to take about 20 seconds a gallon.

/ Favorite diesel can? #79  
I've got a 50 gallon aluminum tank that's waiting for me to set it up (with the hose & filter I also got); in the meantime I've been using NATO jerry cans in the proper yellow. They're easy enough to use with my tractor, dump the fuel out reasonably quickly with zero mess, and I refuse to buy plastic cans any more since I've had one get bumped, crack, and spill all its fuel out in the back of my truck.
The NATO cans seal well enough that you can carry diesel inside a car without smelling it.

One of these day's I'll do my 50 gallon tank, but I have concerns about my inconsistent fuel use; some years I use 100+ gallons, some years I use 30, and I don't know how long I want diesel sitting around, particularly with summer temperatures in the 90s.

/ Favorite diesel can? #80  
I've posted before. I really like my 50 gallon drum with a air pressure pump. I have replaced the cheap filter with a goldenrod clear filter, so I can see the water when it collects. I also have a drain screw near the bottom of the barrel to drain condensation. I used this pump 7 GPM Pneumatic Drum Extractor

To fill it I strap it in my trailer and take it to the station, which is legal enough for around here.

Joe

View attachment 798103
Joe, I’d like to see your drain setup.

Also, where did you buy the drain screw?