Fed Ex=Fed up

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
I ordered a part for our carpet cleaner about two weeks ago. They shipped it Fed Ex. Its bad enough that it takes so long to get in the state of Illinois, but then they don't bring it to my house, they take it the post office and mail it. :mur: Its nothing thats life and death, but UPS actuall brings it to the door, and it gets here twice as fast.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #2  
and it gets here twice as fast.

Twice as fast or half as slow? :p

I feel your pain. I once had some ice cream sent to me via UPS (sent in dry ice). It was sent overnight.

The SECOND day, it arrived and my ice-mush barely made it to the freezer.

The place I bought it from was very standup and sent another batch to compensate :thumbsup:

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #3  
they don't bring it to my house, they take it the post office and mail it. .

Both UPS and Fed Ex have contracts with USPS. It is cheaper for them to use the post office for the final delivery of light weight items, rather than have a driver and truck go the "final mile".

Also, commercial addresses get delivery faster than residential.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #4  
Twice as fast or half as slow? :p

I feel your pain. I once had some ice cream sent to me via UPS (sent in dry ice). It was sent overnight.

The SECOND day, it arrived and my ice-mush barely made it to the freezer.

The place I bought it from was very standup and sent another batch to compensate :thumbsup:

:D:D:D:D

Years ago my mother sent me some frozen meat loaf, yes, meat loaf in the mail. :licking::confused2: She sent it next day mail by the post office. I got it a day or two later.

It was AUGUST.

In NC.......

Package sent from FLA!

I think she was trying to get rid of me. :D:D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #5  
I ordered a part for our carpet cleaner about two weeks ago. They shipped it Fed Ex. Its bad enough that it takes so long to get in the state of Illinois, but then they don't bring it to my house, they take it the post office and mail it. :mur: Its nothing thats life and death, but UPS actuall brings it to the door, and it gets here twice as fast.
That method is one of several available to the SHIPPER, and the shipper makes the choice, not FedEx. UPS has a similar service, and again, the shipper makes the choice what delivery service to purchase.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #6  
I spend about $5k/mo. on shipping at work. I have used FedEx in the past, and I use UPS now. FedEx can get me slightly better rates, but I still use UPS. Not only is UPS reliable, but their service is top notch. I've had both pick up and delivery drivers go WAY out of thier way to help me out when our backs are against the wall. I even had a driver offer to change his whole route and deliver a package to my wife at home early one day because she was leaving town and needed it before the normal delivery time.

There are a few things that UPS just can't do for me that FedEx can. In those cases I use FedEx, but I'll use UPS whenever I can.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #7  
Not only is UPS reliable, but their service is top notch. .

I don't ship anywhere near 5K a month with UPS, but I DO say that the most important member of my company isn't even on the payroll! (Him, and the mailman who brings the checks!):laughing:

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #8  
Fed Ex around here isn't too good. Plus the latest driver has a truck that sounds like it's dying. Looks like it too. Thing looks like it put together from junk parts.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #9  
From what I understand, the two companies are structured entirely different. UPS is a complete company with all the good and bad that comes with it. Fed Ex is more like a franchise operation. It seems each individual location runs their operation a little differently. I've seen guys in pickup trucks delivering for FedEx. Our local FedEx "Depot" is a few trailers parked in a lot behind the RV Dealership.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #10  
Fed Ex is airplanes and overnight, UPS is brown trucks on your farm lane.

And some of those Fed Ex guys are subcontractors, who wait until they have enough deliveries in your area to make the trip worthwhile- which can be several days.

The post office is also trying to get into the business; their Flat Rate boxes, for example.

And, for the anti-government folks among us, try using FedEx/UPS to send a birthday card to Aunt Tillie in Fairbanks, AK (no roads) for the price of a First Class stamp!