Fed Ex=Fed up

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #11  
That method is one of several available to the SHIPPER, and the shipper makes the choice, not FedEx. UPS has a similar service, and again, the shipper makes the choice what delivery service to purchase.

As they say in China, "Ed Zachary!" It's the shipper who makes the choice for that type of shipment. The shipper must get a good deal for shipping that way. It adds three days to the delivery around here.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #12  
I once bought a microphone stand on ebay and it was sent Fedex. It took a week to get to Kansas, then once it was in Kansas it went back to Florida, then went to Colorado, got back in Kansas hit Texas, got into Oklahoma, went to Ohio, made it's way back to Kansas then went to Arkansas and finally came back to kansas and they then finally delivered it to the post office.

It took a month for me to get it. The microphone stand went on a Journey. lol

I hadn't had that happen with ups.

Chad

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #13  
Ordered a computer monitor. Vendor shipped UPS. When I opened the box the CRT screen was broken. I closed the box up and contacted the Vendor. Vendor said broken by UPS. UPS said should have checked package before signing and noted broken CRT. This went on for a couple of months. Vendor finally said we will send new monitor and please check before accepting. Three daays later monitor arrived and since I was not home was returned to UPS Facility. I called the 1-800 UPS number and they provided the location of the UPS Facility to pick the package up at. (I did not know prior to that the Street location of UPS Facilities are not listed) Upon receiving the package at the UPS Facility I set the box down in the floor and proceeded to open it. The clerk called the manager and Security. They demanded I carry the box outside prior to opening it. I refused and proceeded to open the box. I then gave the Manager a copy of all the denials by UPS that they were not responsible for the broken CRT because I had not opened the package in the presence of an UPS employee. I asked the manager if he qualified as an UPS employee in case the CRT was broken. I do know UPS denied liability and the vendor stepped up and provided another monitor.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #14  
Ordered a computer monitor. Vendor shipped UPS. When I opened the box the CRT screen was broken. I closed the box up and contacted the Vendor. Vendor said broken by UPS. UPS said should have checked package before signing and noted broken CRT. This went on for a couple of months. Vendor finally said we will send new monitor and please check before accepting. Three daays later monitor arrived and since I was not home was returned to UPS Facility. I called the 1-800 UPS number and they provided the location of the UPS Facility to pick the package up at. (I did not know prior to that the Street location of UPS Facilities are not listed) Upon receiving the package at the UPS Facility I set the box down in the floor and proceeded to open it. The clerk called the manager and Security. They demanded I carry the box outside prior to opening it. I refused and proceeded to open the box. I then gave the Manager a copy of all the denials by UPS that they were not responsible for the broken CRT because I had not opened the package in the presence of an UPS employee. I asked the manager if he qualified as an UPS employee in case the CRT was broken. I do know UPS denied liability and the vendor stepped up and provided another monitor.

In my experience it's between the shipper and the carrier to settle disputes. In other words, you really had nothing you COULD do in that situation. It can be frustrating at times.

It comes down to the golden rule... He who has the gold makes the rules. It's the person paying the bill (or denying payment as the case may be) that has the clout to file a claim.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #15  
UPS used to be great for me, but not for the last few years. Delivery is iffy at best. They threw $300 in tractor parts in a snow bank by my mailbox 1/4 mile from my house. They claimed electronically that it was on my porch. They are impossible to get ahold of. Recently they delivered to the wrong address. I've been in the same spot for 31 years, so they oughta know where I live by now. I go out of my way to have anything shipped via UPS. I much prefer the USPS and use it whenever possible.
I have no idea what happened at UPS, but something sure has changed for the worse. Much worse in my case.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #16  
Both UPS and Fed Ex have contracts with USPS. It is cheaper for them to use the post office for the final delivery of light weight items, rather than have a driver and truck go the "final mile"..

I noticed that with an order from lands end last month. But get this. Thursday the UPS driver delivered a package to me late in the afternoon. Friday morning the mail man delivered a package to me with UPS stickers all over it. :confused2:

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #17  
My regular UPS Driver is great... I see him several times each day and he will go the extra mile to get me something I'm waiting for.

That said, UPS had a bitter strike and we would have been out of business had it not been for FedEx.

I posted about my Christmas Packages being sent around the world and taking 29 days for 5 business day service through the Post Office...

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #18  
I have had good luck with Fedex, I use them on a weekly basis with no problems. I always find it amazing that I can send something thousands of miles away and they will get it there in two days. The logistics industry is amazing. I also find it interesting that private companies like fedex and UPS find room to compete with the government sponsored US postal service which looses money every year and has never been sustainable. Somehow UPS and Fedex found a way to be profitable despite competing against a government institution. Apparently the private companies have filled void in the market place that the USPS cannot fill.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #19  
I got Fed Up with UPS when they left a computer tower in the driveway in plain view from the road and on another occasion they delivered a large CRT monitor with 2 fork lift holes right through the side of the box, monitor was toast, took about 45 days to get that settled and guess where the claim money goes to, the seller or shipper. Seller had hired a professional packaging and shipper and they received the money that due to me, luckily they forwarded the money to me. I've never had a problem with FedEx, my wife used to be a big seller on eBay and used FedEx a lot she got excellent service. Nowadays there's not a spits worth of difference in what USPS, UPS and FedEx charges so if she's sells a thing or two once in a while USPS is just so darn convenient, our UPS drop off counter has like a 2 hour window for dropping off.

/ Fed Ex=Fed up #20  
I have had good luck with Fedex, I use them on a weekly basis with no problems. I always find it amazing that I can send something thousands of miles away and they will get it there in two days. The logistics industry is amazing. I also find it interesting that private companies like fedex and UPS find room to compete with the government sponsored US postal service which looses money every year and has never been sustainable. Somehow UPS and Fedex found a way to be profitable despite competing against a government institution. Apparently the private companies have filled void in the market place that the USPS cannot fill.

Interesting info. I thought USPS was one of the only government agencies that WAS self sustaining. I know that the lose occasionally, but I thought they made money or broke even most years.