Mowing Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change.

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change. #21  
Belly mowers are at the top of the list of tractor regrets (according to Messicks, I believe).

Having said that, they sell for a reason - storage space concens being one of them.

Your choices are:

New belly mower - probably not going to be satisfied with modest if any improvement
Zero Turn - need more space, possibly more costly but way more maneuverable.
Flail mower - doesn't hang out as far as a bushhog, doesn't cost as much as a ZTM, assumes you have a rear PTO, unless self powered. Takes up a bit more space.
Yeah, a flail mower does a great job. I got a Woodmaxx FM-62 for my BX2200. Been running it a few years now on and off. Last year I needed to use it to mow my lawn because I had to replace the bearings in the MMM and I was waiting on parts.

As far as regrets, it was one of those things I wanted to try it and see how I liked it. I always thought a RFM would be impractical, but I find it easier to maneuver around stuff so I went after the MMM. While it's compact, and easier to maneuver, it's not all that it's made to be.

Everyone is different.

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change.
After digging into this more, the ZT will give me the versatility to dump my BX any time before or after winter. I will have a mower with the ZT. I can’t believe I’ll have any reasonable luck selling the MMM and Bagger alone, unless I give it away. I’m thinking I could do better selling the BX with everything, and make close to what I could get a new B2601 with just the loader. Then maybe I’d get a cyclone rake later. The one dealer offered me $13k for everything. Yeah, right. At 330 hours and all the additions, I’ll pass. Even Tractor House agrees.

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change. #23  
Sounds about right on their offer, They would probably put it on the used lot for 15-16k. Remember those prices you're seeing are dealers selling at used retail

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change. #24  
I live in northern Illinois. There are no other options for me besides a tractor for snow removal, so I really need to keep the BX.
The wife is more worried about storage of the Z than what it’s used for.
I think if I get the Z, I’ll use my tractor more, because I’ll leave the loader on it and it’ll always be ready for bucket or fork work. That had me thinking about just going with an 80-Series BX with the standard deck. I’d get an easy on/off loader. My BX is not as friendly to take on and off as the 80-Series.
Add a new shed to the shopping list.

CT

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change.
Well, I got a ZT, and it fits in the barn pretty well. After mowing with the ZT for a few weeks now, I’m going to dump my BX2670 with all the attachments, and just go with a B with a loader and rear blade for snow removal. I’ll pick up a used cyclone rake for leaves, hang it on the wall, and call it a day. After several mows on a commercial Simplicity with full suspension, I cut 2 hours of mowing to 50 minutes, and the yard looks fantastic. Should’ve done this years ago.

/ Fed Up w/ BX Drive-Over Deck. Making a Change. #26  
Good for you man. Yeh same with me, last year I got a Bradley commercial stander mower, absolutely love mowing with that thing compared to the Massey's mmm.