Feedback on Tires

/ Feedback on Tires #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Michelin LTX A/T2 tires?

Fortunately, I am about thru with my Badyear silent armors and looking to get some new tires. These tires never balanced properly since new. It is a long story, but now my number one priority is to get quality tires that will be smooth riding.

I do a little off roading during hunting season by going down bad roads, pulling thru the ditch to park, dealing with snow, mud and deep sand, etc...

I am looking for a nice riding, quiet and smooth tire that can do the occasional off road thing. As of now, I am looking at the Michelins.

Any info would be appreciated.

/ Feedback on Tires #2  

BobG_in_VA

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux
I've got a set of the Mich. LTX on my '99 F350 PSD. They do ride nice on the road and are plenty tough for towing (I've got a goosneck deckover 24')...But.....because they are great on the road at 65mph, they aren't the greatest in mud/snow..I usually have to put it in 4wd to get going on muddy roads when I really should n't have to....anyhow, great tires on the road, but not the greatest off road...BobG in VA

/ Feedback on Tires #3  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Just bought a set of M/S 2's. jury's still out but in general Michelin's are at or near the top when it comes to most tires. Just pick the one that suits you.

Steve

/ Feedback on Tires #4  

mbrule

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar/YM135
Best tires I ever owned where Michelin!!

Use Cooper as a rule though because of Michelin's premium price!

/ Feedback on Tires #5  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I've got Michelin LTX AT/2's on my 2004 Ford F150 Lariat super cab 4x4. I have over 60,000 miles on them, and they are ready to be replaced. They are a great tire... I will probably put the same tire back on, but they are pricey... 275 65R 18 - around $1100 for a set out the door price.

/ Feedback on Tires #6  

VitaBene

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I have them on my 99 F250, 7.3 diesel, 6 speed, 4X4- size 285-75 R16. I replaced a set of Cooper ASRs. I bought the Michelins at BJ's Wholesale (warehouse club) and love them, well worth the 200 dollar upcharge.

They offer good traction, low noise and good wear. We tow a 32' enclosed Cargo Pro Aluminum trailer (3900 # empty, 10k full of bikes, cars or sleds)

/ Feedback on Tires #7  

Diamondpilot

Super Star Member
Tractor
Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work
I have been buying Toyo, BFG, and Hankook. I could never keep a set of Michelin's from getting sidewall damage. I guess the are just softer which gives them the good ride but not good for the rocks I deal with.

Chris

/ Feedback on Tires
OP
S

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
Thanks for the feed back guys. I know they are more expensive, but if 2-3 hundred more bucks means I am not constantly annoyed with a vibration and a droning noise....so be it.

Hopefully, the lack of traction will be offset with my 4 wheel drive.

/ Feedback on Tires #10  

CinderSchnauzer

Veteran Member
Just replaced Bridgestone Dueller AT RHS with Michelin LTX MS2. With the AT's it sounded like the front hubs were running dry - very noisy.

The Michelins are QUIET and ride smooth. Check Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels for ratings / comparisons of many different tires. Haven't had any snow yet to test that part.

Previous truck came with Firestone Transforce AT. I thought they also ran quite quiet and seemed good in winter snow etc.