feeling stumped--advice needed

/ feeling stumped--advice needed
ok my township will only allow burn piles 4x4x4 feet (thats with a special large burn permit)

looking at the piles of material.... I dont know if I have that much time...(I'm 39 and I'd like this done in my lifetime)

Digging a hole is near impossible between the shallow bedrock and large boulders

Anyone ever use a fan to force feed a fire? I'm thinking trench with a large fan at one end

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #13  
Pasture ?? Only two acres or is there more land? Get a soil test of the land. You might want the ash from burning the brush & debris for a soil amendment. Wood ash in the right soil adds potash and adjusts the pH. (Ash is alkaline)

You missed a good deal by passing on mulching the tree tops. The mulch is good for adding organic material to mineral soils... What you have after clearing woods.

Wood burners are a metal tube with a fan on the end. Very effective for burning land clearing debris.

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #14  
Anyone ever use a fan to force feed a fire? I'm thinking trench with a large fan at one end
too close to Summer and burning bans for me

Pasture ?? Only two acres or is there more land? Get a soil test of the land. You might want the ash from burning the brush & debris for a soil amendment. Wood ash in the right soil adds potash and adjusts the pH. (Ash is alkaline)

You missed a good deal by passing on mulching the tree tops. The mulch is good for adding organic material to mineral soils... What you have after clearing woods.

Wood burners are a metal tube with a fan on the end. Very effective for burning land clearing debris.
not too late.... the miss's can feed the wood chipper we own at only the cost of fuel ($7US/gal here 2.35cdn/liter)

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #16  
I'm on a limited budget
burn them (almost free but very time consuming due to fire limitations)
I have 30hp tractor, 6" wood chipper, pallet forks.

Burn.

Eradicate all dry grass around debris piles down to dirt.

Wait until you have had rain so nearby vegetation has taken up water.
Wait until your wood branches have dried and a near wind-less day is forecast. Ignite. Cautiously push up smoldering debris with your pallet forks in 4-WD and low gear.

I maintain a community burn pit. I ignite homeowner yard debris at least once per week. It rarely takes more than a week in warm/humid Florida for hardwood stumps to convert to ashes.

Last edited:
   / feeling stumped--advice needed #18  
I have burn my brush piles last year it burn quickly but the stumps smoldered for months, it was a very dry summer but no firer ban, I was suppose to get permits I believe but I didn't, id light them up at dawn and it looked like if it was out by the morning but any wind or rain and you would see the smoke coming out again. I would do the same bring some brush to the stump piles and light them up at nights over and over until you ether burn them all or you run out of brush to feed the stump fire and call it your ''camping fire'' you just felt like having a big one that day that's all, if not like other said put them in the corner of the property and let them rot. Or get your permit and make multiples 4x4x4 fires and light them up all at once ....

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #20  
So you're clearing guy isn't from around there, or you're geology is very unique to the area?
Seems to me that if both of those are a NO, it's on him and should have realized this in the first few days if not hours. Actually he should have had a suspicion during his field walk for figuring his price and informed you that was a possibility.
Sorry about your luck with this one.