feeling stumped--advice needed

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #31  
I have done a pile of burning during snowstorms. Love it. Get nice and muddy.
20220221_122755.jpg
20220221_163547.jpg

20220221_125014.jpg

I plowed off close to 24" around the area to tend the fire. The sun had mostly melted it off the pile.

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #32  
do you mind me asking what he charged you? just curious what 2 acres is worth to pay... I also vote to try and burn them

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #33  
That could be a few years for some of us. :)
OP is in Ontario - hes got snow from November to June :)

I'm in upstate NY - burn baby burn. We have a burn ban in effect from February to mid May until everything is greened back up. There's a lot of dead dry material in the woods before May. Gotta be careful.

My neighbor cleared a 100 acre field that was left go for years. Made a huge pile in the middle of the field and let it sit for a few years to dry out. Then in winter he called the local fire department and they had a training deal and burnt that pile down. I hadda be 30-40 feet tall and 50 feet around.

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #34  
just make big piles, wildlife will love it.

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #36  
I would roll the stumps around and knock all the dirt off. Drill them and put in Potassium Nitrate and water gently until it is absorbed. Pile them up and wait a month or 2. Keep them dry if possible. Then burn them.
Use the brush to get a fire going. Put a blower on the pile and watch them burn! If you use the Potassium Nitrate method, do not use diesel to start the fire!

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #37  
I would roll the stumps around and knock all the dirt off. Drill them and put in Potassium Nitrate and water gently until it is absorbed. Pile them up and wait a month or 2. Keep them dry if possible. Then burn them.
Use the brush to get a fire going. Put a blower on the pile and watch them burn! If you use the Potassium Nitrate method, do not use diesel to start the fire!
what the Potassium Nitrate do ?

/ feeling stumped--advice needed
alright... 1st snow... November for sure, October maybe.... then it lasts into April sometimes May.

The year I pulled the insulation and furnace out of my house during a early warm May.... it snowed the long weekend (4 weeks in)

It does sound like everyone is saying "burn it" the tiny fire size I'm allowed seems like a recipe for frustration... but might be the only cost effective way

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #39  
It does sound like everyone is saying "burn it" the tiny fire size I'm allowed seems like a recipe for frustration... but might be the only cost effective way
Well then, it's 15 small 4x4 fire's 😄
No possiblity that your contractor will help your situation?
Some pictures would satisfy many of our curiosity's.

/ feeling stumped--advice needed #40  
alright... 1st snow... November for sure, October maybe.... then it lasts into April sometimes May.

The year I pulled the insulation and furnace out of my house during a early warm May.... it snowed the long weekend (4 weeks in)

I am assuming you are within city limit ? closes neighbor? can you ask for exceptions ? I would light it up at dawn and take a chance without a permit, offences in the Pembroke website the fines is $200 not the end of the world, unless they can combine them and give you $200 for each offence then id take the permit and risk to get the $200 for over size authorize ...

These kinda things frustrate the hell out of me, you are on your land and pay tax's and yet you are bound by stupidities like this. Just repeat after me, ''I am free''. .... Lands on unorganized territory is the way to go less bull sh*% to deal with...