FEL bucket not staying up

/ FEL bucket not staying up #71  
ATTABOY! Thanks for the photos; they really help understanding. You have helped educate many of us.
I think the lose positioner (I still think of it as a centering spring) was your main problem. We are getting that same crappy weather here in NC. Yuk! You deserve a double attaboy for persevering under such conditions.
It's probably a good thing you replaced the damaged piston seal in the cylinder but I don't think that was a major problem.
Happy grading. I envy your barn.

/ FEL bucket not staying up
ATTABOY! Thanks for the photos; they really help understanding. You have helped educate many of us.
I think the lose positioner (I still think of it as a centering spring) was your main problem. We are getting that same crappy weather here in NC. Yuk! You deserve a double attaboy for persevering under such conditions.
It's probably a good thing you replaced the damaged piston seal in the cylinder but I don't think that was a major problem.
Happy grading. I envy your barn.

Thank you ! It wasn't until I took the spool valves out did I learn how it all worked! Mechanics always like pictures....

Working outside today reminded me of all the times I worked outside in bad weather fixing airplanes. Luckily my woodshop was next to the drive as it is heated !