Bucket Hooks FEL hooks

/ FEL hooks #11  
GlueGuy
I posted a picture of my hooks back in December. Check this <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=33466&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=%20hooks&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=7&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Main=33417>LINK</A> to that post. There are other posts in the same thread that have some good information too.

/ FEL hooks
I like the hook attachment method shown on ronjhall's link. This arrangement may give me more flexability. Is that a piece of angle iron you welded to the bucket or is it built that way from the factory? John.

/ FEL hooks #13  
John
I welded the brackets to the angle iron. Then welded it to the bucket. This idea was not mine. My dealer showed me a tractor he had put hooks on that way for a customer.
If you make something similar to mine, be sure to put some type of reinforcement on the upper edge of bucket. I bent mine. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Then I reinforced it with a piece of 1" heavy wall tubing.

/ FEL hooks #14  
Ron,

Yep, that looks like the one I remember. Looks like a real versatile arrangement.

I just got my first welder, and this will be one of the first things I tackle with it. Just as soon as I have a couple of lessons with the welder. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ FEL hooks #15  
Ron,

How about a pic with the tubing reinforcement?

Thanks!

/ FEL hooks #16  
I just fired up my arc welder after 15 year of idle. Burned several holes before finally getting the voltage right. What type of welder did you get?

/ FEL hooks #17  
MossRoad; don't worry about it, i burn holes all the time. hope u got some new rods after 15 years of sitting idle/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ FEL hooks #18  
The old rods were pretty soggy, so I bought a new small pack. I'll keep them dry in the basement this time/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ FEL hooks #19  
It's a Miller AC/DC arc welder; 300 amp capacity, & will run 240 amps with 100% duty cycle. Got it from a guy that learned on it. It ought to be perfect for the kind of "hobby welding" that I plan on doing.

/ FEL hooks #20  
<font color=blue>I just got my first welder</font color=blue>

Man, GlueGuy! You're coming up with more and more reasons why I should swing on by one of these days.
wink.gif

I might have to get back into scuba diving just so's I have a reason to head down your way. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif