Snow FEL ops against 2009 snow

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #21  
A plow isn't one of my options this year, much as I'd like to have one. In the meantime, we've made things as easy as possible while staying in budget.

The bucket skids work well so far, keeps the cutting edge off the ground unless you angle the nose down.

100_3243.jpg

100_3249.jpg

100_3268.jpg

The snow screen idea came from somebody here, I forget just who it was.

100_3248.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

So far so good, I'll know more when we get some serious snow.

Chilly

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #22  
Had something like that on my B7100..work great for pushing back or removing snow banks,the only down side,lighting at night w/full bucket of snow when traveling to dump.

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #23  
Maybe this could help... Available really soon. No pricing yet.

Details: Works with any FEL. Blade is 60 inches wide, approximately 20 inches high. Blade is 11 gage steel (same as the FEL bucket) Goes on the bucket in about 30 seconds with no tools. Angles 0, 15 and 30 degrees each side. Can be easily offset approx 12 inches to either side to move the pile farther off the road. Blade floats independently or the bucket can apply down pressure for icy conditions. Trip springs. Replaceable edge. Skid shoes optional. Works with our Bucket Xpander installed. Will probably offer a 66 and/or 72 inch version also. Will ship UPS.

We will offer different replaceable edges: Mild steel for light use or unpaved surfaces, Hi Abrasion Resistance Steel for pavement and concrete, and UHMWPE plastic for nice surfaces such as finished concrete, smooth asphalt, brick or pavers. We'll probably offer a round edge for gravel surfaces. We will likely offer to paint to match the tractor brand.

Just email contact@bxpanded.com and let us know what features would work well for you.

BXpanded.com
A TBN Sponsor

WOW!!!

I want one..
When will we have pricing?

I would be prepared for alot of orders quick...

Please put one on hold for me!!!!!

J

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #25  
thavil (sir),
I love the look on your FEL. What exactly is a ratchet rake ? Does it cut grass ? How much ?

Harry,
Dog gone it when can we purchase one of your leaf vacs ? I love your plow but I still have a 27 gazillion leaves under 8 inches of snow !!!

MT

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #26  
thavil (sir),
I love the look on your FEL. What exactly is a ratchet rake ? Does it cut grass ? How much ?

Harry,
Dog gone it when can we purchase one of your leaf vacs ? I love your plow but I still have a 27 gazillion leaves under 8 inches of snow !!!

MT

The rachet rake can be found here : Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, . From the videos and reviews from other TBN'ers, they love it and use it for landscaping basically with the FEL.

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #27  
thavil (sir),

Thanks radioman for providing the link to the Ratchet Rake website.

MT - Watch the videos on the Ratchet Rake website and you will see what it can do. It doesn't cut grass but will rip out overgrown stuff with ease. It has a few other uses in the video also. I found a new use for it this past weekend to break up frozen horse manure around my barn area. The "stuff" was so frozen, I couldn't get it picked up with my FEL (without tearing the ground up also) or with a shovel. Using the ratchet rake, I back dragged over the manure and the teeth loosened it up.

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #28  
AceDeuce - I actually thought about hooking the ratchet rake up to see what it would do but thought better of it because of my recycled asphalt driveway. Also, I'm a total rookie at snow clearing anyway. I might still get it out to see what I can do with it on the ice that has formed on the bottom layer.

thavil, have you tried using your ratchet rake on the ice substrate? Has anyone?

Once again, I've back-bladed my steep drive and just managed to uncover a four-inch sheet of ice. The blade just slides along the top. I would have been better off leaving the snow on top.

I imagine the RR is not the best tool for the job as it would require dragging backward with the bucket fully extended. I've read reports here of bent rams as a result of doing this.

I wish I had an interchangeable cutting edge for my blade - something with a sawtooth pattern.

Would the scarifiers on a box blade cut through ice?

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #29  
thavil, have you tried using your ratchet rake on the ice substrate? Has anyone?

No, I haven't gotten my rachet rake out to try it. To be honest, I am so tired of moving snow, I lost interest. If we wouldn't have gotten two more large snowfalls in a row, I would have tried it. Maybe later this weekend, I'll give it a shot on the ice that is built up on my recycled asphalt driveway.

/ FEL ops against 2009 snow #30  
I have been pushing snow on my driveway for about two years with just the front buck it takes awhile since it rolls ot the side also. I would like to see a picture of the wedges that you guys use to help. Until I can come up with a grader blade.